Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Steve Jobs a hypocrite saying Android stole ideas from him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Steve Jobs a hypocrite saying Android stole ideas from him?

Mac OS X is merely a locked down version of open-source Linux. Its easy to assume that over 90% of Mac owners are not only unaware of this, but don’t have a clue what Linux is. Turns out that back in 1996, after Steve Jobs’ short-lived company NeXT stole its OS base from open-source (read: FREE) BSD Unix, it resold the now proprietary OS to Apple which then became OS X. Perhaps if OS X had the flexibility of Linux, or if Mac fanboys didn’t use Linux concepts (i.e. Terminal) as reasons to brag about OS X, there wouldn’t be so much smearing to do. (Warning: do NOT attempt ask any Mac fanboys about this, or they will ignore your question and start babbling about things like Firefox.)
    Yes, because his operating system is based of Linux and is a modified version of Linux
    75.00%
    No, Steve Jobs is awesome and is a god of Macs!
    25.00%

Originally posted by Eagles View Post
    Mac OS X is merely a locked down version of open-source Linux. Its easy to assume that over 90% of Mac owners are not only unaware of this, but don’t have a clue what Linux is. Turns out that back in 1996, after Steve Jobs’ short-lived company NeXT stole its OS base from open-source (read: FREE) BSD Unix, it resold the now proprietary OS to Apple which then became OS X. Perhaps if OS X had the flexibility of Linux, or if Mac fanboys didn’t use Linux concepts (i.e. Terminal) as reasons to brag about OS X, there wouldn’t be so much smearing to do. (Warning: do NOT attempt ask any Mac fanboys about this, or they will ignore your question and start babbling about things like Firefox.)

Copying and pasting from that ******ed article you linked to earlier is

If you understood what Apple took from BSD and gave back to the open source community you wouldn't post such crap.

BTW the core applications of google's stolen OS is closed source.

If all these people using android love "Open" so much, why aren't they using Linux on their computers?

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
      Copying and pasting from that ******ed article you linked to earlier is

If you understood what Apple took from BSD and gave back to the open source community you wouldn't post such crap.

BTW the core applications of google's stolen OS is closed source.

If all these people using android love "Open" so much, why aren't they using Linux on their computers?
      I agree with you, linux sucks and is ugly looking. Also has less support on applications too. But the point I was making is that Apple is no saint, they just slapped an operating system on a computer and only want the rich to use their operating system.

If Macs sold for the same reasonable price as most computers Apple probably would make a **** load more money but instead they only offer to the rich. Maybe thats because Apple fears if they had more support that they would be infested with viruses like Windows. Who knows why, because they're actually losing money in the end when they charge ridiculous prices for their products just to cater to the Rich.
      Last edited by uoykcuf; 11-23-2011, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Google stole the gift of life from him.

Comment

I agree with you, linux sucks and is ugly looking. Also has less support on applications too. But the point I was making is that Apple is no saint, they just slapped an operating system on a computer and only want the rich to use their operating system.

Linux doesn't suck, it's just not that user friendly. Being rich has nothing to do with using a Mac. People spend more on cars than they do on computers.

Comment

Teh analog sticks on Playstation controllers are horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
              Linux doesn't suck, it's just not that user friendly. Being rich has nothing to do with using a Mac. People spend more on cars than they do on computers.
              If that were 100 percent true from what you said IBreakbeat, then how come no one I know in real-life owns a Mac? Everyone I know has Windows. It obviously comes down to money and compatibility with certain applications.(A mixture between the two)

Comment

Originally posted by TRAV1$ View Post
                I agree they're sensitive.

Comment

If that were 100 percent true from what you said IBreakbeat, then how come no one I know in real-life owns a Mac? Everyone I know has Windows. It obviously comes down to money and compatibility with certain applications.(A mixture between the two)

For a lot of people the internet is a little blue e on their desktop!

Comment

Originally posted by TRAV1$ View Post

I like them, it's a classic design.

Comment

Working...
                    X