Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was the reason blacks were dominant back then.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the reason blacks were dominant back then.

since race is the important topic of the day, might as well

question.. was the domination of black american fighters in the 60s, 70s, 80s... and before that, was because of the ban of professional boxing in the soviet union, yes i know george foreman knocked out a soviet boxer, but still.. if the soviet fighters, were allowed to turn pro in the 60s, 70s,80s etc... would there of been more eastern european greats, would the domination of black american boxing of been, not as much, as it was....wouldthereof been more eastern european champs

the soviet union, was notaloowed to go pro until 1990.. where it was around thetime of the collapse of the soviet union..

anyways discuss

It was partly because prosperous White Americans probably discouraged their sons from taking up boxing.

Back in the days of Corbett and Dempsey there were a lot of poor white Americans, but not so much by the 1950s.

I'm Canadian, not American but my parents didn't want me to get seriously into boxing when I was growing up, even though my uncle boxed when he was young. They considered it a poor man's sport. They never said anything to discourage me from participating in other sports.

Comment

They had something to prove when America was far less equal because of our skin color.

Comment

Not really...IMO, that argument can only really be applied to Cuba.....because Cuba were a lot more dominat than the Solviet Union in amaetuer boxing....they had heavyweights who, over they years, would have been almost certain to win World Champs...but couldnt because of the ban.....

Comment

black boxers back then ain't ******* and drama queens. black boxers today are all fawking ****s. especially gayweather!

Comment

the poor people and the underclass always dominated boxing............

people took it seriously when they were fighting for food.......

that is why the less privileged, i think and see, fight with more urgency and more determination than those in the better living situations.

this isnt a every case, obviously, but it was back in the day..........

things are different now a days, but when you had to fight for something, the intensity and focus took on another flavor if you will, something that was important, and had a real effect. winning back in those days meant bigger paydays, meant getting out of the ghetto, getting out of poverty.

now a days, it's just a check, or, it is what it is.. right? you know ???

color issues are a joke on all of us, the ruling class doens't operate that way, they just set the tone for all us tax slaves to behave that way, so they can do what they whilst......

back in the days, jews were some of the best fighters, and irish, amongst blacks, and american poor whites.

at some level, the most basic level, we're all human beings trying to survive this roller coaster of a ride, from being poor, to the disappearing middle class, to the what we think is upper class............. we're all trying to eat, take care of our families, and live in peace......

the poor dominated boxing and still do to this day........... just look at bernards take on guys with silk sheets in their beds.......... who is going to be more hungry, the guy with silk sheets or the guy sleeping on a hardwood floor who wants to earn a chance at having a nice bed with to put his own silk sheets on............

Comment

i'm glad that race is still an issue, even in a highly individual sport like boxing. thank goodness advances in sociology, biology, and genetic research which has proven that race is more perception than reality has been totally disregarded on messageboards.

Comment

Who could have lived with Sugar Ray Robinson?

Who could have lived with Ali, Foreman, Fraizer?

Who could have lived with Sugar Ray Leonard, Hagler, Hearns?

Who could have lived with Mayweather, Hopkins, Jones Jr?

Comment

Originally posted by Sybian View Post
                  black boxers back then ain't ******* and drama queens. black boxers today are all fawking ****s. especially gayweather!
                  ^^^^this guy knows boxing, I mean he has in-depth knowledge about the sport we love.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                    i'm glad that race is still an issue, even in a highly individual sport like boxing. thank goodness advances in sociology, biology, and genetic research which has proven that race is more perception than reality has been totally disregarded on messageboards.
                    uummm, awesome! tried giving green k but said i couldn't, anyway, when it opens up, green k is coming..........

keep hitting them with the truth!

Comment

Working...
                    X