Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kell Brook has been so poorly managed/matched through his career.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingKrypton View Post
    He's like a crazy ex that can't let you go. Always thinking about bumming Khan.
    Khan shamelessly ducked Brook for years.

Comment

Fcked up looking how good he did vs Spence. I bet he woulda gave Crawford Thurman tough fights also.

Comment

Originally posted by CasperUK View Post
        He stayed at WW because he wanted the Khan fight - a guy naturally smaller than him - to cash out. That speaks volumes about his mindset.

Khan pursued the best out there

Froch pursued the best out there

Joshua is pursuing the best out there

Kell wanted the easy match(es).
        Maybe but most likely because there has been a rivalry between the two guys for a long time and Kell wants to resolve it.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
          It is bad. Dang. I feel bad for this guy. 5-10 years ago this guy looked super, super talented. Not talking hype, but genuinely talented. I feel that he was a victim of Anthony Joshua's success.

Kell was a beast and switched from Frank Warren to Eddie Hearn. Everyone in Britain was in agreement that he was a World champion in the making. He was the best fighter in the Matchroom stable. But as soon as AJ came along he took a backseat, and getting him his shot became less of a priority.

From 2014, it's as though Brook became more of a side quest for Matchroom. When he won that IBF title against Shawn Porter, he finally reached the status that the majority had been expecting for years. It was more of a "what took so long?" than anything else. From there he should have pushed on and looked for the big fights, or moved up to Super Welterweight. At least should have established himself Stateside.

But again, at a time when AJ was blasting through journeymen, and capturing the IBF title off Charles Martin, Brook fought some of the softest opposition available, on small shows with poor supporting cards. The best card he fought on also had Selby-Gradovich and Linares-Mitchell, but Brook's opponent was Frankie Gavin!

Kell had been struggling to make the weight since before the first Carson Jones fight, it was no secret. He should have moved up soon after capturing the World title. But fighting Gennady Golovkin, at Middleweight was career suicide. I still cannot fathom why Eddie Hearn fed Brook to Golovkin. It is almost like he wanted rid of him.

At 30 years old, 36-0 (25 KO), the IBF World Welterweight champion, Brook should have been looking to step up to Super Welterweight/Light Middleweight and position himself for a title shot there. At the time Jermell Charlo held the WBC, Jermall Charlo the IBF, Liam Smith the WBO, and Erislandy Lara the WBA World. Would have made more sense having Canelo vs. GGG then, and Brook vs. Smith. But instead we got Canelo vs. Smith and GGG vs. Brook.

Brook shouldn't have fought GGG, no other way to say it. Fighting Errol Spence 9 months later, in his comeback fight, fresh off surgery to fix a broke eye socket, in a division 13lb below his last fight, when he'd struggled to make that weight for years, again another WTF moment. Spence was pretty unknown in the UK, but still, Brook had no business returning to Welterweight after moving up to Middleweight.

In interviews Hearn would say "Well... if he wants to go back to Welterweight, what can I do?" Smirking all the while. After almost getting retired by GGG in a fight he never should have took, he should have taken a year out, vacated his IBF belt, and looked to come back at Super Welter. Not rush back against a young killer like Spence at a weight he can barely make. Madness.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Brook is shot now and took life-altering damage in both of those fights. When he retires as a one-time Welterweight champion of the World, it almost feels like he didn't fulfill his potential. Seeing him flatten Amir Khan was also a mouth-watering prospect, but even that now looks like it won't happen. At this point there's no guarentee he'd beat Khan if they end up fighting. It really is a shame, because a lot of people had great expectations when it came to Kell Brook.
          Yeah Kell is a very good fighter that will never get his due.

Comment

Impossible, his promoter is Eddie Hearn

Comment

he spent too long going after khan. khan ducked but brooks revolved his whole career around that fight

Comment

Was the FACE of Matchroom Boxing at one point and now he is reduced to fighting TBA on AJ Undercard

He stayed loyal to Hearn but this sport is not Loyal to boxers AT ALL! Once a promoter find another money maker they will toss you away and focus on that new money maker that is what happened. AJ took over and Kell Brook is just not a Priority for Eddie Hearn anymore

It is unfortunate! Also sucks that Eddie Hearn can't delivery Khan for him which is not Eddie fault his career is stuck in Neutral waiting for Khan. Khan is fighting Crawford, WTF is Kell doing? If I'm Khan I really wouldn't fight him because while you're busy fighting Crawford, he not doing anything, he just taking soft touches and waiting for Khan. He doesn't DESERVE the Khan fight at this point unless he fight at Top 10 5-10 Welterweight!

Why Kell Brook vs Jessie Vargas not happening at least?
                Last edited by sicko; 03-24-2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CasperUK View Post
                  He stayed at WW because he wanted the Khan fight - a guy naturally smaller than him - to cash out. That speaks volumes about his mindset.

Khan pursued the best out there

Froch pursued the best out there

Joshua is pursuing the best out there

Kell wanted the easy match(es).
                  Yet he moved up to 160 and fought someone nobody wanted to fight at the time. You make a ton of sense there, pal.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                    It is bad. Dang. I feel bad for this guy. 5-10 years ago this guy looked super, super talented. Not talking hype, but genuinely talented. I feel that he was a victim of Anthony Joshua's success.

Kell was a beast and switched from Frank Warren to Eddie Hearn. Everyone in Britain was in agreement that he was a World champion in the making. He was the best fighter in the Matchroom stable. But as soon as AJ came along he took a backseat, and getting him his shot became less of a priority.

From 2014, it's as though Brook became more of a side quest for Matchroom. When he won that IBF title against Shawn Porter, he finally reached the status that the majority had been expecting for years. It was more of a "what took so long?" than anything else. From there he should have pushed on and looked for the big fights, or moved up to Super Welterweight. At least should have established himself Stateside.

But again, at a time when AJ was blasting through journeymen, and capturing the IBF title off Charles Martin, Brook fought some of the softest opposition available, on small shows with poor supporting cards. The best card he fought on also had Selby-Gradovich and Linares-Mitchell, but Brook's opponent was Frankie Gavin!

Kell had been struggling to make the weight since before the first Carson Jones fight, it was no secret. He should have moved up soon after capturing the World title. But fighting Gennady Golovkin, at Middleweight was career suicide. I still cannot fathom why Eddie Hearn fed Brook to Golovkin. It is almost like he wanted rid of him.

At 30 years old, 36-0 (25 KO), the IBF World Welterweight champion, Brook should have been looking to step up to Super Welterweight/Light Middleweight and position himself for a title shot there. At the time Jermell Charlo held the WBC, Jermall Charlo the IBF, Liam Smith the WBO, and Erislandy Lara the WBA World. Would have made more sense having Canelo vs. GGG then, and Brook vs. Smith. But instead we got Canelo vs. Smith and GGG vs. Brook.

Brook shouldn't have fought GGG, no other way to say it. Fighting Errol Spence 9 months later, in his comeback fight, fresh off surgery to fix a broke eye socket, in a division 13lb below his last fight, when he'd struggled to make that weight for years, again another WTF moment. Spence was pretty unknown in the UK, but still, Brook had no business returning to Welterweight after moving up to Middleweight.

In interviews Hearn would say "Well... if he wants to go back to Welterweight, what can I do?" Smirking all the while. After almost getting retired by GGG in a fight he never should have took, he should have taken a year out, vacated his IBF belt, and looked to come back at Super Welter. Not rush back against a young killer like Spence at a weight he can barely make. Madness.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Brook is shot now and took life-altering damage in both of those fights. When he retires as a one-time Welterweight champion of the World, it almost feels like he didn't fulfill his potential. Seeing him flatten Amir Khan was also a mouth-watering prospect, but even that now looks like it won't happen. At this point there's no guarentee he'd beat Khan if they end up fighting. It really is a shame, because a lot of people had great expectations when it came to Kell Brook.
                    Hearn didn't do shieet to Brook. Brook was ruined by his own obsession over Amir Khan.

The day after Canelo vs Khan was announced Brook practically ran to the nearest reporter and held an interview in which he called put Gennady Golovkin, literally a day after Canelo vs Khan was announced.

He was so obsessed with getting Khan's attention, outdoing Khan, and being better than Khan that he literally sold his soul for it. Okay not literally but you get what I'm saying.

He also turned down the chance to unify titles with Jessie Vargas in order to fight some bum, Gavin I think it is. At that point he would have beaten Vargas and become the IBF/WBO unified champ.

He would have been A-side of any negotiation at welterweight at that point (except maybe Manny).

I'm sure he'd have schooled and possibly KOd Thurman (The Brook that fought Spence would have killed Thurman both in skill and power), so there he goes, another unfication.

But Brook can't see past Amir Khan so he had to go and prove that he can also get KOd by a middleweight.

Comment

Brook ruined his own career. He's the one who chose not to fight a lot of top names. Could have fought Bradley for a title but turned it down to fight a nobody in a IBF eliminator. Alexander, Vargas, Rios, Chavez, Hurd, Charlo are just a few names he could have fought and chose not to. Brook talks a big name and Hearn mentions big names but end up fighting nobodies.

Comment

Working...
                      X