Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Dubois Going Distance, Jack Catterall's Big Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Dubois Going Distance, Jack Catterall's Big Win

WE CERTAINLY GOT the rounds in up in Leicester on Saturday and, as is often the case, it really was no bad thing.

Properly matched fights tend to go long and that is how it played out at the excellent Morningside Arena, where the fans stuck with the action until well after midnight.

I was, however, a bit disappointed that the much anticipated match-up between Jack Catterall and Ohara Davies didn't live up to its explosive billing, but all we can do is make the fights that people look forward to seeing between fighters at the top of their game.

[Click Here To Read More]

It was still a good win for DD, which he'll learn from

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
      It was still a good win for DD, which he'll learn from
      It was a good win for him, but his team need to stop these sparring stories regarding putting AJ down and 'handling him self well' against Povetkin.

It just adds to the hype, as in these stories we don't even know what his sparring partners were working on.

Fish Eyes put a photo up about DD sparring Povetkin which made DD look like he hadn't broken a sweat and Povetkin looked knackered to make it seem as if he battered him!

Realistically what probably happened was that povetkin had sparred 12 rounds and Dubois came in for the last 3 rounds lol

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post
        It was a good win for him, but his team need to stop these sparring stories regarding putting AJ down and 'handling him self well' against Povetkin.

It just adds to the hype, as in these stories we don't even know what his sparring partners were working on.

Fish Eyes put a photo up about DD sparring Povetkin which made DD look like he hadn't broken a sweat and Povetkin looked knackered to make it seem as if he battered him!

Realistically what probably happened was that povetkin had sparred 12 rounds and Dubois came in for the last 3 rounds lol
        Its the narrative thing isn't it, but what they don't realise is, pressure would be added to DDD. You go on social media and people are already reacting in a negative way to him because he didn't stop Kevin.

Didn't Kevin johnson go the disctance with Ruiz in his previous fight? I thought DDD win was a good win because he is obviously a young up and comer, they (His team) just need to relax with these stories that they are leaking to every boxing media out there.

Comment

Did Dubois at least look good?
          If I were his trainer, I'd WANT him to get in rounds. A lot of the most intelligent fighters have been known to get in rounds before taking big fights.

Comment

Was the worse boxing event I've ever seen Archie v Lyon at the end was a good fight every other was worse than watching the queens speech on Christmas morning. dubios needs to leave Warren and go to matchroom to fulfil his huge potential

Comment

Why the hell doesn't FW ask the BBBofC for Dubois to fight for the British title? Oh I know the WBO route is easier!!.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
                Why the hell doesn't FW ask the BBBofC for Dubois to fight for the British title? Oh I know the WBO route is easier!!.....
                Current holder is Hughie fury who's fighting Pulev in a final eliminator to be mandatory for the IBF belt.

No fight for the British HW belt until fury relinquishes it.

If the BBBofC had any smarts.. they'd order the vacant belt to be fought for by Gorman and Dubois which is the fight people want. I have a feeling Warren would avoid that fight like the plague whereas Hatton and Gorman are well up for it.

If that fight doesn't materialise.. I'd quite like to see Allen Vs Dubois just because if it was on a matchroom PPV undercard it's bring the roof down if Allen won.

I think Dave Allen winning a belt in a UK arena or stadium would be a great memory for alot of UK fans.

Being realistic...Dubois smashes him to bits

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Its the narrative thing isn't it, but what they don't realise is, pressure would be added to DDD. You go on social media and people are already reacting in a negative way to him because he didn't stop Kevin.

Didn't Kevin johnson go the disctance with Ruiz in his previous fight? I thought DDD win was a good win because he is obviously a young up and comer, they (His team) just need to relax with these stories that they are leaking to every boxing media out there.
                  If i watched a 20year old heavyweight(that I have barely heard of) box like he did against Johnson, I would have been saying it was a good performance, which it was.
                  But instead a lot of us are probably think ‘well AJ stopped him in 2 rounds’ because his team have set up the hype which will then draw comparisons.

I like what Nathan Gorman is doing, Ricky Hatton will talk about how he’s improving in the gym but then limit it at that.

Also FW saying that Johnson said he wasnt caught clean! 😂

Comment

Dubois isn't that good & unlike Wilder he seems gun shy.

Comment

Working...
                    X