No announcement yet.

Woman Denied Service at Florida Taco Bell Because She Can’t Speak Spanish

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I didn't say you had to learn English to visit. I was saying if you plan to stay an extended period of time and work or go to school.

I hate that forms have to made in other languages. If you can't understand English than probably you shouldn't be here for an extended period of time.

I have no issue with people communicating among themselves in whatever language they feel most comfortable speaking.

I just feel like if you are working in America, you must be able to communicate with those of us that live here on our terms, not on yours.

I know mine is a minority opinion and it isn't a popular one. I accept that.
    I get what you saying from a point, I was in ESL classes as a kid my Father who only spoke Spanish went to the school and forced them to take me out of those classes and put me in regular classes. Cause he thought they were trying to jib me in my education by putting me in ESL classes where I was never gonna learn English and all we did was coloring and shit.

So trust me I know what you're saying but I just feel no one should be force to do anything elective if they dont want to.

What you are basically saying is you want them to learn English to make your life easier. I dont think life should work that way. By all means make your life easier but from what you can control yourself not by forcing an elective on someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
      I get what you saying from a point, I was in ESL classes as a kid my Father who only spoke Spanish went to the school and forced them to take me out of those classes and put me in regular classes. Cause he thought they were trying to jib me in my education by putting me in ESL classes where I was never gonna learn English and all we did was coloring and shit.

So trust me I know what you're saying but I just feel no one should be force to do anything elective if they dont want to.

What you are basically saying is you want them to learn English to make your life easier. I dont think life should work that way. By all means make your life easier but from what you can control yourself not by forcing an elective on someone else.
      Also, people can stay in their country of origin if they don't want to learn a new language and adapt to a new culture.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I didn't say you had to learn English to visit. I was saying if you plan to stay an extended period of time and work or go to school.

I hate that forms have to made in other languages. If you can't understand English than probably you shouldn't be here for an extended period of time.

I have no issue with people communicating among themselves in whatever language they feel most comfortable speaking.

I just feel like if you are working in America, you must be able to communicate with those of us that live here on our terms, not on yours.

I know mine is a minority opinion and it isn't a popular one. I accept that.
        That's because they are not planning on living here. They are here just to make money then when they retired, they go back to their country. If i'm in mexico just to make money, i'm not gonna learn the language either. It's already hard enough for them to be here as an immigrant, now you want them to go the school and learn the language also?

Comment

Originally posted by MalaysiaPac View Post
          That's because they are not planning on living here. They are here just to make money then when they retired, they go back to their country. If i'm in mexico just to make money, i'm not gonna learn the language either. It's already hard enough for them to be here as an immigrant, now you want them to go the school and learn the language also?
          Yes. If not you shouldn't be able to come here and earn money only to take it back to another country. IMO if you are going to work and live here you must be able to speak the language.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
            Also, people can stay in their country of origin if they don't want to learn a new language and adapt to a new culture.
            Thats your opinions, not how the united states operate. Their is no official language and you do not have to assimilate into U.S. to live here.

Your opinions are no more valid than someone who says all white people should be deported back to Europe.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X