Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much credit will AJ deserve if he wins the rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
    I wouldn't give him too much credit. He should have done it the 1st time around with ease.
    Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    But you will give Josh credit for winning rematch won't you?
    Josh got exposed and people saying wasn't that good in first place? But that's why coming back from adversity is important. To give Josh another chance for praise and to make you believe the praise was justified. True champs come back.
    Not too much credit. He gets some credit for getting right back on the horse and not opting for a tune up.

I'm not a big AJ fan but I know he is better than what showed up vs Andy.

Comment

Joshua shouldn't get to much credit for the win ,he should get more credit for a win in a N.Y rematch bc he's supposed to win.

The only place he should get a lot of credit is in forums like this one where he's a hype job and a slow robot bc that places him a huge under dog against Ruiz right ? lol

The only place where Wilder can unofficially lose to a 50% fury and its brushed away but Joshua drops one to an actual active Hw fighting decent competiton and on point but Joshua was exposed ? lol

Joshua is the better fighter ,the odds reflect that and only a Ruiz second win would even make this a Ruiz favorite shift ,that's whats needed . Anyone claiming they KNEW Ruiz would win is talking nonsense or is a Joshua detractor or friends with Ruiz ....not even Roach picked him and he trained him for 7 years stop just stop, Roach himself is falsely boasting about Ruiz and picking him in the rematch After he said he expects Joshua to win while telling everyone he said Ruiz would win which is a lie , even hes joining in ..... lol

Comment

It wasn't like he barely lost to Ruiz. He got
        destroyed. He would deserve great credit if he wins in a somewhat dominate fashion.

Comment

Full credit if he wins convincingly either KO or on points.

Lennox Lewis got full credit from me after his two losses.

Comment

Originally posted by giant_king View Post
            Non because he was supposed to beat him easily the first time which he will do in the rematch
            How could you know that? Can you tell he future? It seems more likely he gets beat again. Ruiz should not have been such a big underdog, He almost beat Parker and Parker did not lose to AJ by that much. Ruiz showed AJ had some weaknesses and was overrated. Ruiz can beat him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              To my mind, he'll deserve huge credit because he'll be coming back from a knockout loss and Ruiz's style is all wrong for him. To get the win in those circumstances shows a lot of character.

As far as fans are concerned much depends on how he wins, he AJ knocks him out he'll get a lot of credit, but if he moves around to a boring UD 12 many will criticise him (even though it's his best avenue to victory).
              Won't it also depend on what Ruiz does with the rest of his career?

If AJ is really what some people were making him out to be, this loss will have to be looked at as a minor speed bump, similar to what McCall and Hasim are to LL. No one ever mentions those wins as major accomplishments for Lewis.

Comment

He should get some credit considering most people seem to be picking him to lose.

Comment

I’ll give him credit.

Ruiz is the far superior boxer with better hand speed and a much better chin. Joshua will have to learn a new style to beat him so that would deserve some credit.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                    Full credit if he wins convincingly either KO or on points.

Lennox Lewis got full credit from me after his two losses.
                    I've been thinking about Lennox a lot in relation to this situation cuz he basically got upset twice by KO in brutal fashion & avenged both L's by KO which isn't something you see a whole lot let alone twice by a guy. Respect to Lennox's impressive KO upset reversing ability.

The closest situation to Joshua's current situation was the Rahman L. He got blasted out in 5 & then 7 months later blasted Rahman in 4.

The McCall II fight took 2.5yrs to setup.

Comment

I’ll be impressed. I’m a degenerate gambler.. I don’t think josshua sees the 7th round.

Comment

Working...
                      X