No announcement yet.

Floyd - Chino 1 was a draw at the very least

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd - Chino 1 was a draw at the very least

Just came up on my YouTube feed today and gave it a watch. Chino won 5 out of the first 6...and the 6th which I gave Floyd was razor close. 1 or 2 of the later rounds were also swing rounds, Floyd just finished a few of them strong.

Both guys fought well, Maidana especially fought an amazing fight, he was like a front running horse who comes flying out and then tries to hang on to the lead. Floyd realised half way through the 6th that he needed to get off first more often to win, I'm not at all convinced he did enough though. It's a shame because I think it would have made the rematch much bigger, and if either guy deserved a bit of luck that night it was Maidana.

It was a pickem fight. Im sure youll find 50% think either won.

Comment

Nah. Floyd easily won 8-4 IMO. You don’t win rounds with rabbit punches and other dirty tactics. Maidana is a shît boxer and Mayweather brutally exposed him in both fights.

The only people who think Maidana deserved a draw or a victory are clueless, bias, Hispanic casuals.

Comment

... "don't kill the cash cow" -- it's a rule in boxing...

(moreover: in the 2nd fight they've got a "proper ref"...)

Comment

I thought chino won or did enough to at least get a draw

Comment

Originally posted by Stokely View Post
            Nah. Floyd easily won 8-4 IMO. You don’t win rounds with rabbit punches and other dirty tactics. Maidana is a shît boxer and Mayweather brutally exposed him in both fights.

The only people who think Maidana deserved a draw or a victory are clueless, bias, Hispanic casuals.
            Nah. It was a win, or draw for Chino.
            Im sure at many points of fight people hoped ref would save Floyd from further punishment. Took taking fight to champ to another level.

Comment

Early rounds were all Chino i forgot my score overall but the first six i remember i had it 5-1 or 4-2 in Chinos favor.

Comment

It was 115-113/116-112 TBE. Maidana fought brilliantly though, but he won no more than 5 rounds and TBE totally dominated the second half of the fight. The second fight was mor eone-sided but still good. I wish Maidana kept fighting after this one as he could have been the second best in the division for the next 2-3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Stokely View Post

Shut the fucc up punk! I'm Mexican and I feel Mayweather won. Only punk biitches like you are the real bias one's...
                  Have you ever given the Hispanic fighter the win over a black fighter in a razor close fight???
                  I'll wait for a response you piece of shet!

Comment

Floyd haters don’t understand how to decipher fights, style, and gullibility. Floyd and Haymon (whom would always take his 10%) had planned to carry Chino and cause controversy to milk Floyd’s contract. Look at the fights... Chino x 2, PAC, Berto. These were easy revenues for Showtime and no danger to Floyd.

Floyd is was the master of controlling points per round. Accuracy and pure boxing will always favor the random slugger in his home town in Vegas. Look at Chino in the late rounds against Broner, that was never no risk for Floyd.

Real challenges would’ve been Floyd fighting Cotto or Alvarez in rematches at 155 to secure his 6th Division championship status and Lineal belts along with it.

Floyd lovers will tell you “well why does Floyd have to move up a mere 1lb for Cotto or Canelo...” when Floyd Groupies swear they were easy fights?

Floyd would’ve still made bank with Cotto or Canelo rematches. He chose easy fights backed by yours truly, Showtime

Comment

Working...
                    X