No announcement yet.

marquez vs lopez is going the distance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marquez vs lopez is going the distance

i dont know but from the interviews ive heard from both this will at least last 7 rounds im predicting a decision
    ppl predicting juanma will blast out rafa in 5 are either demented ricans or naive
    juanma is a good boxer he can box and he has said he will try to box and use his speed, he hasnt said ima go kill that mofo
    same as marquez, in his interviews he sounds a little extreme predicting that one of them will get koed but the reality is he has said that if juanma wants to fight a slow fight he will too

tldr: juanma wants a long fight he will try to win by points marquez wont go and attack him = JMM VS DIAZ 2 with some drama in the final rounds

I don't see how in any this fight would make it to a 12 rounds decision.

The only way it would go to the cards if there is an accidental headbutt or something like that And, the fight stopped early. And, it will be a technical decision.

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
      i dont know but from the interviews ive heard from both this will at least last 7 rounds im predicting a decision
      ppl predicting juanma will blast out rafa in 5 are either demented ricans or naive
      juanma is a good boxer he can box and he has said he will try to box and use his speed, he hasnt said ima go kill that mofo
      same as marquez, in his interviews he sounds a little extreme predicting that one of them will get koed but the reality is he has said that if juanma wants to fight a slow fight he will too

tldr: juanma wants a long fight he will try to win by points marquez wont go and attack him = JMM VS DIAZ 2 with some drama in the final rounds
      You could be right but I think it's more a question of how Marquez will react to Lopez power and what he has left in that 35 year old body that has seen many, many wars.

Comment

These guys are both punchers that are open to being hit and dropped. I can't see it going 12

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post

I'll bet you for your 145k points that it doesn't.

Comment

I hope not for gambling purposes

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              I don't see how in any this fight would make it to a 12 rounds decision.

The only way it would go to the cards if there is an accidental headbutt or something like that And, the fight stopped early. And, it will be a technical decision.
              I didn't think that about Izzy/Rafa 3 either. I think its totally possible. Both guys are boxers first and we might see a lot more tactical operation than an all out brawl.

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
                I didn't think that about Izzy/Rafa 3 either. I think its totally possible. Both guys are boxers first and we might see a lot more tactical operation than an all out brawl.
                I agree, I don't think this will quite the 'hellacious war' people appear to be expecting. Both guys are confident in their ability to box and will be wary of each other's offenses, so they will probably try a more measured approach first.

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
                  even if it goes the distance it doesnt mean its gonna be a tactical fight with little action
                  izzy and rafa beat the crap out of each other for 12 rounds both with suspect chins and great power
                  what people fail to realize its despite having like 90 percent ko ratio both guys are naturally boxers and not brawlers

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
                    I'll bet you for your 145k points that it doesn't.
                    sorry got my points tied up in the mathysse judah fight

Comment

Working...
                    X