No announcement yet.

Rashad vs. Rampage Seems To Be OFF..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rashad vs. Rampage Seems To Be OFF..

Although not confirmed, Rashad looks like hes fighting Lyoto Machida. The proof is here. http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=Even...tCard&eid=2001

ps:Also Rampage needs more time to train and rest.

It makes sense for Rampage not fighting so soon.

Comment

I was a little surprised that it was soon but I still want to see this fight. Even if Evans were to fight Machida and beat him, then the Jackson fight would be even bigger. But I wouldn't mind seeing it earlier as long as Jackson is well rested so there aren't any excuses. But on the site, it seems it's not updated or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Corleone View Post
        I was a little surprised that it was soon but I still want to see this fight. Even if Evans were to fight Machida and beat him, then the Jackson fight would be even bigger. But I wouldn't mind seeing it earlier as long as Jackson is well rested so there aren't any excuses. But on the site, it seems it's not updated or something.
        feeling the same way about it mate. It is a fight I wanna see but I wanna see Rampage at his best not burnt out.

Comment

Is there any other "proof" besides a tbd for his opponent? Seems a bit ridiculous to talk about a title shot for Rampage if he won the whole night and even bring them both in the ring to just say never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Harms View Post
            Is there any other "proof" besides a tbd for his opponent? Seems a bit ridiculous to talk about a title shot for Rampage if he won the whole night and even bring them both in the ring to just say never mind.
            I think the UFC probaly regrets gettin Evans in the octagon now if the fight doesn't go ahead. I don't think they can fully expect Rampage to fight again in 8weeks after a tough training camp and a fight. He will probaly need a month off to rest up before he goes back to training.

Comment

I always felt the Jackson v Jardine match was needless anyway but once it was signed Machida v Evans should have been made straight away with Rampage getting the winner. That could still happen and it probably suits both Rampage and the winner of that fight to clash in early autumn.

Comment

Its also evident on Dana Whites 96 video blog.

Comment

I think its more likely they will put the fight back a little while rather than let Machida get in first.

Like another poster mentioned, the entire build up of the last show was about who would get the next title shot. Which added to the tension of the main event because of what was at stake.

Comment

I hope we get to see Evans v Rampage though. It would be a very intresting match up but a fight that would keep us on the edge of our seat.

Comment

Working...
                    X