No announcement yet.

"Easy" Dieting and Training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Easy" Dieting and Training

For the past few months, I've always counted calories and had a strict calisthenics routine done strictly. But it's been annoying doing it and everything so for the past few days I've been eating just healthy foods (not strict counting or anything) but I still watch what I eat and do 20-30 minutes of bodyweight exercises. Just anything I can think of, no certain sets or reps.

This is a lot better and what I mean by "easy" and I feel more relaxed and it allows me to focus more on boxing work.

yeah i feel you, I've actually never counted calories. I know what I have to eat and the amount my body needs to loose weight or keep my weight consistent. Really, if you eat healthy and don't eat to late at night, mixed with your work out routine, everything should be fine.

Just have to listen to your body, if that makes any sense.

Comment

wish i could do that, maybe its cuz im a youngin at 18. iunno been counting this past week, it does get annoying but hopefully ill learn how to know what my body needs too.

Comment

NJ, is the no reps thing with the bodyweight exercises working for you? If it is can you tell me what you exactly mean? Like do you just start doing say pushups then stop at a random time or what?

Comment

why dont you try doing cardio.....

and doing body weight exercises for 30 minutes isnt exactly alot...you sould try and count the numebr of reps, then add to them every week...so that way you know your increasing the work load..if you want to lose weight do cardio, you dont neccesarily have to run, skip rope, or go swim

Comment

Originally posted by speedoverpower0
            NJ, is the no reps thing with the bodyweight exercises working for you? If it is can you tell me what you exactly mean? Like do you just start doing say pushups then stop at a random time or what?
            I've been doing it for the past few days and so far I like it a lot. I don't stress a lot on adding reps or weight or whatever. I basically do pushups to failure, squats to failure, ab exercises to failure, for about 20-30 minutes non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by NJFighter91
              For the past few months, I've always counted calories and had a strict calisthenics routine done strictly. But it's been annoying doing it and everything so for the past few days I've been eating just healthy foods (not strict counting or anything) but I still watch what I eat and do 20-30 minutes of bodyweight exercises. Just anything I can think of, no certain sets or reps.

This is a lot better and what I mean by "easy" and I feel more relaxed and it allows me to focus more on boxing work.
              If you've been counting calories for "a few months" (whatever that means), then you should be so used to it by now, that it's not a hassle doing it anymore? It allows you control over your weight, and thereby makes it "easier" in my book. Nothing easy in coming in 3 lbs over weight and not knowing why...

Also, keeping track of what you do in your workouts is the only way of knowing whether you're working hard enough, and improving or not. Your workouts (and your diet for that matter) ARE a part of your boxing work, and if it feels easy that should tell you something. There are NO shortcuts in life, if you want to achieve something. Especially not in boxing.

That aside, it's good to mix things up a bit once in a while, so not counting for a while (if you don't need to control your weight at the moment), and doing something different in your workouts once in a while can actually be a benefit, both physically and mentally. Just don't make it permanent, you'll suffer for it.

Comment

[QUOTE=PunchDrunk

That aside, it's good to mix things up a bit once in a while, so not counting for a while (if you don't need to control your weight at the moment), and doing something different in your workouts once in a while can actually be a benefit, both physically and mentally. Just don't make it permanent, you'll suffer for it.[/QUOTE]

very true

Comment

I have been training for 3/4 of a month so should I stick to my rountine? (sets of reps) or to failure?

Comment

both keep your body reacting to new things to incourage muscle growth and to prevent a leveling off,or slow progress in ur training. Thre lots of threads saying u shouldnt train to failure but its how u personally react to the exercises. I personally would nt train to failure all the time.But thats me.

Comment

Working...
                    X