Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a Prime Antonio Margarito (05-09) beat a past prime Mayweather at 37 years old?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Floyd Sr. in his corner I don't see him losing. He'll pick him apart, use his feet and clinch when Tony closes the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
      Still pisses me off Floyd retired when the welterweight division was hot back in 07-08.

Margarito probably would have been the toughest fight for him out of all of those guys

All the top welterweights would have been a big problem for Floyd in 2007-2008, which is exactly why he retired.

Comment

Dunno. I think Floyd may frustrate him a little bit.

One thing's for sure though.

A prime Margarito is not the opponent you want to find yourself looking at across the ring unless you have multiple changes of underwear at hand and a doctor on standby.

Comment

Floyd beats anyone, he will never lose. That being said I think it would have been Floyds toughest fight, Margarito is the formula to beat Floyd. Stamina, chin and power. Floyd always finds a win to win so I still say he would have won but he would have been taken to the limit.

Comment

When exactly was Margrito prime? Was he prime when he faced PWILL or Sugar Shane? Or was it before Pwill? As far as him vs Floyd, he woulda been tougher than Castillo I if they fought when floyd was moving from jww to ww.

Comment

Hell would freeze over before cheato has a chance at beating May

Comment

Margarito without his wraps has nothing to offer but a chin, he was never a top fighter.

Those long reaching punches would hit nothing but air, 120-108 type fight.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
                  All the top welterweights would have been a big problem for Floyd in 2007-2008, which is exactly why he retired.
                  Or maybe, just maybe, he retired to give his arms, albows and hands a break - stop acting like he has had consistent probs with them

Comment

I don't know how the **** anyone could overlook a prime Margarito.

A prime, young, undefeated Cotto hit this guy with everything he had. Everything.

If you say Floyd would just walk through Margarito like he has with all the weak opposition he's faced in the last decade, then you're just showing how much you know about the sport: Which is jackshlt.

Last edited by DARKSEID; 09-17-2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

There isn't and never was/will be any version of Margarito that could ever compete with Floyd. Floyd would beat his punk ass with the plaster.

Comment

Working...
                      X