Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson vs. George Foreman - Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson vs. George Foreman - Who Wins?

This is a fight that could easily go either way. I think smart money is on Tyson due to his speed, quickness and elusiveness in his day. But one punch from Foreman changes everything.

I say Tyson beats Foreman though 3/5 times or more.
    Tyson
    22.73%
    Foreman
    77.27%
    Toss Up
    0%

foremans style was anti-tyson

Comment

Ill take a Prime Foreman.

Comment

Come on now, you must specify which version of George.

Comment

Foreman was tailor made for Tyson.

Comment

Just because Foreman beat Frazier, doesn't mean he'd beat Tyson. Tyson was very skilled in his prime and would have been too much for Foreman.
            moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Side me with prime Foreman

Comment

I agree with this:

Tyson's defense was fundamentally sound. Very good mechanics, well schooled.

It wasn't, however, well timed or effective. Tyson got hit. A lot. Even by bums he blew away.

Tyson doesn't beat Foreman because he can't do what he needs to win: Avoid getting hit early and often. If Jesse Ferguson can land every other uppercut and right hand he threw early, I think George can connect with at least a similar frequency, and I don't think any heavyweight in history can absorb flush bombs from Foreman and not suffer serious adverse effects. Ali managed it, but he took his worst licks to the body, and fought entirely on the defensive. Tyson would be eat the big shit trying to come in and throw.

It's a fun fight, and Tyson is a beast, but there is such a thing as a nuclear style disadvantage. Ask Joe Frazier.

Comment

Foreman by decapitation.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Foreman would be too slow for Tyson. (If both in their primes.)
                    moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X