No announcement yet.

***The Official 2018-2019 nba thread***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    More impressive than MJ’s? That’s absurd.

Wilt and the Big O are from an era too long ago and too different to compare. It’s far more impressive than Westbrook’s stat hunting season. (Harden should’ve got MVP that year) I’m not sure whether he’s more offensively talented than Kobe, I can buy Harden is more efficient though.

His offensive game is not better than MJ’s though. In 87/88 MJ took 24.4 shots per game, Harden is taking 23.4, the “more shots” argument is pretty much invalid. And the level of defence was far tougher back then as well.

Harden is a phenomenal offensive player having a phenomenal season but his offensive game doesn’t surpass MJ’s.
    Far tougher defense lol. I guess you've been watching old legends on NBAtv boosting their own era. Or watching NBA highlights on youtube.

80's defense was pure trash. Harden would've averaged 80pts back then. They were all a bunch of pilons. There are guys at my local ymca right now that could defend Jordan better than those bums.

NBA players now are on a completely different level.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
      Far tougher defense lol. I guess you've been watching old legends on NBAtv boosting their own era. Or watching NBA highlights on youtube.

80's defense was pure trash. Harden would've averaged 80pts back then. They were all a bunch of pilons. There are guys at my local ymca right now that could defend Jordan better than those bums.

NBA players now are on a completely different level.
      That’s absolute nonsense😂😂

Harden ain’t drawing fouls for hand checks in the 80’s...

We’re done here...
      Your lack of perspective makes your opinion irrelevant.

Comment

That’s absolute nonsense����

Harden ain’t drawing fouls for hand checks in the 80’s...

We’re done here...
        Your lack of perspective makes your opinion irrelevant.
        My lack of perspective considering I grew up watching Jordan. In fact he's the reason I started playing basketball. If anything I should be biased for that era.

But I gotta keep it real. NBA is 1000x tougher than it was back then. Jordan had maybe 2 nights in the year where he had a good defender on him. Harden has elite defenders on him every single night.

Jon Starks was called the "jordan stopper". He was 6'2 175lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
          My lack of perspective considering I grew up watching Jordan. In fact he's the reason I started playing basketball. If anything I should be biased for that era.

But I gotta keep it real. NBA is 1000x tougher than it was back then. Jordan had maybe 2 nights in the year where he had a good defender on him. Harden has elite defenders on him every single night.

Jon Starks was called the "jordan stopper". He was 6'2 175lbs
          Really? By discrediting that era defensively your discrediting guys like Akeem, Eaton, Cooper, Alvin Robertson, D. Johnson, Robinson, Rodman etc.

We are clearly aren’t going to convince one another so we’ll just agree to disagree.
          We’re done here bro...

Comment

Really? By discrediting that era defensively your discrediting guys like Akeem, Eaton, Cooper, Alvin Robertson, D. Johnson, Robinson, Rodman etc.

We are clearly aren’t going to convince one another so we’ll just agree to disagree.
            We’re done here bro...
            Who is Akeem?

Comment

• Boogie back

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                Who is Akeem?
                Meant to be Hakeem. Damn autotype😂😂

Comment

• Re

I was interested in if Cousins was truly back from the injury. He SWISHES 3-4 three pointers...

So now the Warriors, who already have marksmen Steph, Klay, and Durant, just added a 6-11 270 pound center, who can ALSO hit a three !

He can hit it just as good, if not better than the other three ! Gonna be very difficult to beat these guys this year, in the playoffs.

Only weakness I can see...Cousins and Draymon could form a bully-ball tag team, and rack up technicals, that could hurt the team

Comment

• Hahahaha that Curry slip��������

Comment

• Harden 60 pts

5/20 3s, 25 FTA

how come this shot jacking flopper ever got to abuse these rules??

These fucking refs were obviously falling for his bait trap

Comment

Working...
                      X