Kendall Grove's Fight Demoted After Criticizing ****e TV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendall Grove's Fight Demoted After Criticizing ****e TV

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19689/grov...fc-prelims.mma

A middleweight bout between Kendall Grove and Goran Reljic has been demoted to UFC 116's un-aired preliminary card, and a light-heavyweight fight between Seth Petruzelli and Ricardo Romero has been promoted to its slot on UFC 116's "UFC Prelims" special on ****e TV.

A source close to ****e TV today confirmed the change with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

The source said Grove prompted the change after the fighter openly criticized the UFC's longtime cable partner and their involvement in "The Ultimate Fighter."

UFC 116 takes place July 3 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Heavyweights Chris Tuchscherer and Brendan Schaub compete in the other "UFC Prelims" fight, which airs prior to the night's pay-per-view main-card broadcast.

Grove, who was the season-three middleweight winner of "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series, earlier this week told Tapout Radio that ****e TV officials only care about ratings and getting "as much drama and stupidity out of us" as possible with little regard for the cast members' careers.

Grove rejoined the radio show a few days later and apologized to ****e TV officials, UFC president Dana White and UFC matchmaker Joe Silva for passing off his personal feelings as fact. He said he "put my foot in my mouth" and thanked ****e TV officials for "giving me my shot" with the UFC.

Unfortunately, it appears it was too little too late with UFC and ****e TV executives, who now have relegated Grove (11-7 MMA, 6-4 UFC) and Reljic (8-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) to one of the event's four un-aired slots.

"Kendall made his feelings clear about ****e TV," the source said. "Besides, Seth has a great story and is a 'TUF' alum."

both ok fights its a toss up..

Comment

Pretty mild comments imo, especially when what he said is obvious to anyone who has watched the show and is capable of thought. Pretty typical on the part of the UFC to engage in such strong arm tactics though. The point isn't really Grove I'm sure, but rather to 'send a message' to other fighters.

Comment

That's fn gay. This fight was going to be sick too. Love him or hate him Kendall is ALWAYS in an exciting fight, and so is Relijic. He has a fan friendly style with his sweet BJJ and wild punches. Watch this be fight of the night too. I'm pissed.

Who the f cares about seth?

Comment

I have a feeling that after Kendall's contract ends, so will his career with the UFC.

that would be sad.

Comment

Working...
          X