No announcement yet.

Training or Dempsey Roll?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training or Dempsey Roll?

i've been watching some old boxing vids of the great jack dempsey, anyone know what kind of training one would have to do to be able to do the dempsey roll?

Training? Hahaha. There is no code or hard training to do it. Just let your hooks and your waste do the work for you.

Comment

Dempsey roll?
      What the hell is that, a hook with a duck and a side step followed by another hook?

Comment

find a jack dempsey video and watch his KO partern he basically rolls while stepping and throwing left when heading left and a right when heading right, basically its atacking and defending at the same time

Comment

do that rope training with the rope going wall from wall and bob and weave underneath and throw hooks. i hate doing that because i hate slipping underneath and throwing the right hook i only like doing it to the left. i dont really believe in the right hook i think it leaves you too open.

Comment

jack dempsey was a good fighter but very primitive and wild with his technique

if you want to copy techniques a fighter does watch very technical guys like toney, hopkins, sweet pea etc dont watch brawlers like dempsey

Comment

i know but i like dempsey, i mean he was smaller than some of the guys he fought, which is the same for me

Comment

Originally posted by the330ballers View Post
                do that rope training with the rope going wall from wall and bob and weave underneath and throw hooks. i hate doing that because i hate slipping underneath and throwing the right hook i only like doing it to the left. i dont really believe in the right hook i think it leaves you too open.
                Are you working out of a backfooted stance?

Comment

Originally posted by gamerpinoy89 View Post
                  i know but i like dempsey, i mean he was smaller than some of the guys he fought, which is the same for me
                  but he had exceptional physical strength and power which allowed him to trample many bigger opponents

its better to rely on skills to beat bigger opponents.....

watch toney, hes 5"9 225 lbs fighting guys well north of 6 foot and as much as 240 lbs for the last 5 years

Comment

jack dempsey ain't gonna help you in this time son. It's like fighting someone with a nuclear missile and all you have is a really big stick

Comment

Working...
                    X