Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is my heavybag meant to react to a punch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is my heavybag meant to react to a punch?

Like im pretty sure my bag isnt heavy enough for me, its 6 foot and packed with clothes the bottem is heavy the higher parts where I punch are softer.

When I hit it because its soft I have to dig deeper into the bag.

When I hit it sometimes it just folds around my hand and then the whole bag slams into the tree its hanging from. The punch was fast I didnt think it was pushy.

Sometimes the bag shakes and jumps apon impact.

Sometimes it makes a bang sound like a clap sound but because my gloves are very padded and the bag is soft its really hard to make a noise even if I try to clap on the bag.

Anyway how should heavy bag react? How should it react if its too light?

A heavy bag shouldn't be to soft of too hard. If it's too soft, it doesn't give you that reaction you are looking for. If it's too hard, you can break you're hand.

I would recommend buying a good bag online. You can make you're own but you get what you pay for.

Comment

The bag should shake but not sway... If its swaying it means you are pushing with your punches (which i think your probably using your arms to punch) and not using enough rotation.

Comment

Take it down and stand it upside down for 2 days! Then try it and see how it feels. All bags should be dropped while their being greased (light vasoline on leather) every 5 months or so depending on use. That way the bag can reset its interiors. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Take it down and stand it upside down for 2 days! Then try it and see how it feels. All bags should be dropped while their being greased (light vasoline on leather) every 5 months or so depending on use. That way the bag can reset its interiors. Ray.
          did you even read the damn opening post? it's a sack filled with clothes, should he grease that up too?

Comment

my heavy bag always frowned upon me and became really moody after I punched it. i'm tellin' ya it reacts just like that.

I like your enthusiasm, making due with what ya got.

Where are you from? ......... Rockin'
            Last edited by Rockin'; 02-18-2013, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X