Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly, what is the government's big problem with weed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

funny thing is it was legal a couple times,but there was always a catch.first you had to have a stamp to purchase weed.but to get the stamp you had to be in possession of weed..but it was illegal to in possession of the weed without the stamp.lol

Comment

It's a general cultural problem with any sort of change perceived to be "drastic" on a true consensus level, not with marijuana itself. Fear is an even higher god than Mammon in the US. An extraordinary amount of social pressure is required to get the ball rolling in such a conservative nation, and it's so much easier just to leave things "the way they are".
      Last edited by Miburo; 12-12-2011, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Dro View Post
        Legalizing it wouldn't generate as much money as alcohol, or prescription drugs. Sure, legalized shops would sell top notch weed, but really anybody can grow it. Can the government tax you if you grow it in your backyard? How much can you grow? I don't know. Legalizing it just seems to complex in terms of generating mass amounts of revenue. Sure, you can make money off weed legally, but the government evidently makes more off alcohol, and pills, as the market is more economically secured. I don't know moofokka google it.
        ^^ most inteligent post i have ever seen this guy make

Comment

Comment

there's a history of racism when it comes to the war on drugs..

[marijuana was outlawed because of racial prejudice against the Mexicans who used it. As one Texas legislator said, "All Mexicans are crazy and this stuff (marijuana) is what makes them crazy."]

Comment

About.com on 7 reasons why marijuana is illegal:

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/dru...na-Illegal.htm

Comment

i just had a nice spliff, power weed its called. "**** the gorernment, someone blow up parlament" my man bashy would say.

Comment

Originally posted by The MiZ View Post
                  i just had a nice spliff, power weed its called. "**** the gorernment, someone blow up parlament" my man bashy would say.

AHHHHH!!!! MY EARS!!!

it's like someone stuck a screwdriver that's been sitting on a hot stove into my ears

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                    About.com on 7 reasons why marijuana is illegal:

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/dru...na-Illegal.htm

Good link but most of them do not apply anymore im not a smoker just trying to figure this out.
                    1. It is perceived as addictive being the highlitted word granted people who do smoke always like to have it but ive never seen a man/women with no bud look like pookie from New Jack.
                    2.It has "no accepted medical use **** we thats not true plenty of new medical term and functions for the drug are out now so...
                    3.It has been historically linked with narcotics, such as heroin, Are you kidding me Chronic is nothing like Heroin or linked if some shooting dope they dont want any weed lol
                    4.It is associated with unfashionable lifestyles, Last time I check everyone would love to trade lifestyles with Snoop hes the man and plenty of other famous people.
                    5. It was once associated with oppressed ethnic groups, Yeah well that hasnt been the case in 80yrs so whats next cause thats not an excuse
                    6.Inertia is a powerful force in public policy, im not really sure about this one so ill skip to save face.
                    7.Advocates for marijuana legalization rarely present an appealing case. You have plenty of educated Lawyer,Doctors etc ive read all have made cases for it in my state RI even Cuttino Mobley former NBA player came here to make a strong case for this...
                    I dont know maybe its just the people who dont understand what the hell do I know...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      Kinda pointless to have a "war" on drugs when you're in bed with the pharmaceutical industry, though.
                      Ad to the list: The Cartels, Afghanistan heroin growers

In essence, you cannot fight drug distribution one day and sanction it on another. Only problem with legalizing weed is the so-called moral issue -- I mean this is a Christian nation ..... I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X