No announcement yet.

Why can't Mosley jab?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RICHLOC View Post
    His jab has always just been used to distracted his opponents to whats coming next.
    Which is what I highlighted in my opening post. The problem is when you don't follow up on the jab, throw a meaningful one.

I remember Nazim talking about how someone with Calzaghe's style wouldn't make it in his gym due to his poor punching technique, you think with that mindset he would have straightened Shane's out. It's a shame Mosley didn't spend time Emanuel Steward at some stage in his career.

Comment

There are hardly any good jabbers in the sport these days. It's shame because it's the most powerful tool in a boxers arsenal. If used correctly it can control the range, keep opponents off balance, and can even hurt an opponent if landed correctly.

The only real, world class fighters I can think of who predominantly rely on it as a weapon is Khan and Klitschko. Other fighters have excellent jabs, but only they use it as their premier punch and model their whole game around it. Khan can literally stop opponents with just his jab (see Malignaggi).

Comment

Working...
      X