Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing lost a fan tonight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was obnoxious how the ESPN crew had mouthfuls of Loma's dick the whole time, too.

Comment

I mean there's no question Loma dominated the fight, but Rigo is by far the much smaller man and it takes two to clinch. Almost every single clinch was a CLEAN clinch. It's the referee's job to break them up. Not say "Fight out hands free" when 4 arms are locked across two bodies, no **** the MUCH larger man in Loma is going to have the advantage in that scenario.

Not only that, then Loma clearly hit Rigo like 10 seconds after the bell sounded in one of the rounds with a clean punch right in the referee's face and the referee didn't say anything. The immediate next round, a clinch is initiated and the ref doesn't break them, then when Loma manhandles Rigo to break free to do the referee's job for him - the referee decides to pull Rigondeaux aside and take a point. The refereeing in that fight was absolutely abysmal, there was literally nothing Rigo could do.

I don't know about his hand but I barely saw him use it and that is definitely his money punch, so if there is any indicator something was wrong with it that would be it.

Comment

Yeah, I had no dog in the fight. Didn't like what I saw tonight.

Sorry if my opinion differs from others, can't help that.

Loma is good. Never bad mouthed him. Sooooo, my opinion is mine. This broadcast was pro Loma from the start. So was the fight. Ref and broadcast included.

Comment

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
          Yeah, I had no dog in the fight. Didn't like what I saw tonight.

Sorry if my opinion differs from others, can't help that.

Loma is good. Never bad mouthed him. Sooooo, my opinion is mine. This broadcast was pro Loma from the start. So was the fight. Ref and broadcast included.
          a ref enforcing the rules is biased? like i said before you have been conditioned so badly. the truth is when a ref ignores the rules and lets a guy cheat hes being biased by helping the cheater. he gave rigo plenty of chances. more than i would have. he even ignored his constant bending below the waist. maybe someday we will get to that but he held nonstop and was punished for it rightfully. we need more refs like him

Comment

i'm a huge rigo fan, but he lost tonight. I picked him to win but he lost and no excuses from me. Lomachenko is a very good fighter but I'd like to see him continue to fight top opposition and no more Mariagas. He definitely made me a fan tonight. He's dope

Comment

Stupid thread.
              Weren't you listening to Bradley's comments?
              He's like he's about to puke seeing a so-called science guy duck so low and do all those illegal holdings. The sweet science guy suddenly became Broner in the Maidana fight.
              It's embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                Add this thread to long list of excuses. Boxing doesn't need fans like you. Adios.
                Yeah yeah. Been watching boxing since I was 6... 38 now. Sorry you are used to the trolls of this site. I am a true fan. Tonite was funny style, period.

Comment

LOL. OMFG. I am not a Lomo fan but damn... trying to say the Ref did not let Rigo foul is why he lost?

Rigo was getting schooled and was just about to get KTFO.

Comment

I was actually gonna call it a night because all I saw was more holding than punches

Comment

go to hell. Rigo is overrated. His defense is good but his offense is not that good. Loma is the perfect combination of offense and defense. We are witnessing a modern day all time great.

Comment

Working...
                      X