Hypothetically Speaking: Hagler vs Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetically Speaking: Hagler vs Hopkins

https://imgur.com/gallery/dYpmR

Thanks to one of my readers, I was coaxed out of my hiatus to write this. I hope ya'll enjoy it. I'm off back to work on my book some more.

Nice work on this, man. First time reading your stuff and I enjoyed it. Look forward to seeing more.

Comment

What is your book about?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        What is your book about?
        Same question I was wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by escudo View Post
          https://imgur.com/gallery/dYpmR

Thanks to one of my readers, I was coaxed out of my hiatus to write this. I hope ya'll enjoy it. I'm off back to work on my book some more.
          Hopkins was just like Hagler and barely rehydrated. They came in on weight and never had stamina issues for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
            Hopkins was just like Hagler and barely rehydrated. They came in on weight and never had stamina issues for the most part.
            That is a lie.

Comment

Bernard made 160 late in his 30's and that's pretty amazing to me. At 6'1" although not a heavy bodied man he was a big Middleweight. I saw Bernard weigh in at least twice and saw Hagler weigh in probably 3 or 4 times and Bernard at 160 fought at around 172-75! Hagler may have re-hydrated 8 to 9 but not more than that.

I remember being on a Hagler card in Maine and everyone had birthday cake for Marvin after he dispatched some kid from Cincy. The kid he stopped enjoyed the cake too!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                Bernard made 160 late in his 30's and that's pretty amazing to me. At 6'1" although not a heavy bodied man he was a big Middleweight. I saw Bernard weigh in at least twice and saw Hagler weigh in probably 3 or 4 times and Bernard at 160 fought at around 172-75! Hagler may have re-hydrated 8 to 9 but not more than that.

I remember being on a Hagler card in Maine and everyone had birthday cake for Marvin after he dispatched some kid from Cincy. The kid he stopped enjoyed the cake too!

Ray
                Hopkins had one of the smallest waists I ever saw.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  What is your book about?
                  Trying to trace the heavyweight title as far back as it goes. From ancient Greece to AJ. It's going to be called "A History of Violence"

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post

Ray
                    well if this is true he has a 4 lb weight advantage not 15. I always figured both these men weren't big weight cutters.

Comment

Working...
                    X