Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Makes "Improved" Wilder-Joshua Offer, Asks For Meeting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Not much point in talking right now and even if there was there is zero pint in doing anything publicly. This would be called grandstanding because all this is is playing to a certain crowd.

If he was serious this would be conveyed behind closed doors and it might get heard about but it would more like a rumor than straight out a main player coming out and saying this to the public.

It may or may not happen next if Wilder wins but something like this means nothing much right now.
    I'd have to respectfully disagree. I think we live in a different age, with social media and the instant availability of news, I actually think Hearn should have been more candid and actually revealed the details of the new offer. I don't see anything wrong with people negotiating and talking to the media if there isn't an explicit request to keep things private. Although you could say that expectation is inherent, I appreciate being able to peek behind the curtains. The old days of fighters promoters and managers from separate camps, coming together sitting down and hashing out the biggest fights are now far and few in between. I thought the first negotiations actually began to move once Finkle went public, that may have to be the expectation for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Nonsense. Wilder isn’t accepting any offer before the Fury fight for obvious reasons.

Hearns knows this. He’s not serious about making the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Eddie Hearn made a brief stop by the WBC convention in Kiev today to make the case for his fighters at the mandatory contender meetings. Who spoke on behalf of his heavyweight, Dillian Whyte, who sits behind Dominic Breazeale in the queue for the winner of the December 1 fight between champion Deontay Wilder and challenger Tyson Fury.
        [Click Here To Read More]

THE FACTS:

* offering a flat-fee..... means that they did not want the fight
        * offering a shlt %..... will mean, they still don't want the fight

plain and simple !!

also..... Hearn has already lied once

I will reserve my judgement, lets see whats up when the smoke clears

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
          Wilder won his belt off Stirverne who won the also VACANT belt against Arreola (considered a bum by everyone). Stirverne had previously been knocked out by someone called Demetrice King (5'11 with a record of 15 wins and 20 losses) and Wilder couldn't even knock Stiverne out the first time, so Stiverne is a bum.

Only noticeable defense is Ortiz, who is beleived to be way older than 36 and even IF he was 36 he is still past prime which he never has done anything with to prove himself as a top guy unlike Povetkin, Klitschko and both Parker and Whyte have better resumes as well. Wilders way worse considering that is the story with 'context' for 40 fights.

Don't throw stones in glass houses.

Lol. This guy must be new to this boxing thing. First off, stiverne was the victim of a ref quickly waving off a fight against king early in his career. He was not knocked out. He then went on a win streak and become #1 contender yo vitali and was jerked around for years about getting his mandatory shot. After vitali retired #1 was ordered to face #2 arreola for the belt. Even though he beat arreola a year before. That's how he ended up wbc champion. Comparing him with Martin being ibf champion is ridiculous. Ortiz was and still is the boogeyman of the division. Even if he was older than claimed......that would mean he was a 45+ year old fighter with 28 wins no losses and 22 knockouts. Apparently that "old man" was top of the food chain. Pedvetkin has never fought anybody but wladimir, Parker also picked up a vacant belt in a fight most people thought he lost, and the best win on the record of whyte is either chisora( a fight many thought he lost), or Browne. Neither are anything to brag about when speaking on resume. If you don't actually watch boxing, at least do a little research before posting such foolishness.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
            I know which fight excites me ; Joshua v Povetkin ....NO
            Joshua v Whyte 2.....NO
            Wilder v Tyson ...Yes please !

Eddie Hearn stop putting on shyte PPV's and tie that sleaze ball of a idiot old man to the bed.
            ....because you buy wolf tickets and forgot how bad Tyson Fury fights are. Both Povetkin and Joshua were more exciting in their fight than Fury has ever been at any point in his career, at least against half decent HW's.

Wilder's camp is attempting to cherrypick Fury, it's clear as day

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
              Why make an offer while he's preparing for an upcoming fight? I smell BS. Chill out, Eddie...we ain't dumb.
              Because the IBF can order an mandatory fight but if the unification fight is made they can't because by rules you can skip mandatory for unifications

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Nonsense. Wilder isn’t accepting any offer before the Fury fight for obvious reasons.

Hearns knows this. He’s not serious about making the fight.
                To be fair, he’s doing his promoter job well by keeping AJ’s name in the mix. Floyd was the master of this and learned it from Arum.

Whatever. Until it’s signed as their next upcoming fight it’s going to be all smoke and mirrors by both sides. Neither wilder or aj are afraid of one another and despite his wishes, AJ cant be mad at all the money Hearn is helping him earn.

Really, the Fury/Wilder fight is a big promotional tool for AJ/Hearn and Hearn is just being a slimy promoter and taking advantage. I’d do the same thing for my fighter tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
                  I'd have to respectfully disagree. I think we live in a different age, with social media and the instant availability of news, I actually think Hearn should have been more candid and actually revealed the details of the new offer. I don't see anything wrong with people negotiating and talking to the media if there isn't an explicit request to keep things private. Although you could say that expectation is inherent, I appreciate being able to peek behind the curtains. The old days of fighters promoters and managers from separate camps, coming together sitting down and hashing out the biggest fights are now far and few in between. I thought the first negotiations actually began to move once Finkle went public, that may have to be the expectation for the foreseeable future.
                  I am a firm believer that you don't get things done by negotiating through the press, you get things done behind closed doors. This would be the former not the later.

At this moment in time it is not a big deal because there is not much that is going to happen behind closed doors so he is just being a promoter to make his man look good like he is trying to make something happen. IF he is really willing to deal it will show when the time is right, not when it is meaningless to really put out there.

Comment

So where was Wilder

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    Charles Martin (who basically won his title because the IBF's #1 rated fighter tore up his knee by tripping over his own foot), Joseph Parker (who just got beat by Dillian Whyte, lol) and, all respect in the world to him, an aging Wladimir Klitschko who was two years removed from being made to look ancient by Tyson Fury in his last fight.

You can't simply ignore context because it kills the story you want to tell.
                    CONTEXT: Wilder the big dangerous knockout artist ready to fight champions, Kings fight Kings, loads more fights and knockouts than AJ and we know his team have the money to make these fights happen; so why let an up and coming fighter with far less fights, robotic slow no chin fighter who is easy to hit go and beat them all. Charles Martin a big USA Heavyweight World Champion, surely Wilder v Martin had to be a big money fight in the USA...so for all their flaws Wilder did not fight any of them. Why?? Maybe Hearn is so good as a promoter and match maker Wilder's team did not get a look in....

Comment

While I’m happy to see it’s a percentage offer ( who knows how much ) I still don’t see what the rush is to get a deal done before wilder has the biggest fight of his life ahead of him ? I still think will sign Whyte knowing Wilder won’t sign anything until after the fury fight and say wilder ducked Aj and doesn’t want the fight . Heck Canelo wanted to fight December 15th but wasn’t going to sign a contract until after he fought GGG.

Comment

Working...
                      X