Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would be your ultimate pick at 147 to beat Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has to be Thomas Hearns. His size,skill,power and speed would cause Mayweather huge problems. SRL has a the tools also. I find it interesting that no one has mentioned Pacman but again after the Marquez performance it is a given he will lose against Mayweather.

Comment

Hearns, Robinson and Leonard.

But there's plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Hearns, Robinson and Leonard.

But there's plenty.
        Very true, Kid Gavilian, Basilio, Burley ....

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
          Very true, Kid Gavilian, Basilio, Burley ....
          Don't think Basilio's style matches that well.

Comment

if i can pick from any WW in history i'm certanly not going with duran

tommy hearns
            easy answer
            best answer in my opinion

his size, boxing skills, speed, punching power, and aggression would be far too much for floyd to handle

trying to box with somebody who holds phsysical advantages like those is next to impossible
            floyd would have to fight. i dont think he does, but i think he'd eventually start getting hit with right right hands and jabbed back to the ropes when he tries to box

TKO 10
            Last edited by New England; 02-02-2012, 04:08 PM.

Comment

What everyone else said.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                It has to be Thomas Hearns. His size,skill,power and speed would cause Mayweather huge problems. SRL has a the tools also. I find it interesting that no one has mentioned Pacman but again after the Marquez performance it is a given he will lose against Mayweather.
                This just goes to show you how stacked and how good the fighters in the 80's were.

You have someone like Thomas Hearns who, when taken into consideration against the other big three, is 1-3-1.

Yet despite having a losing record among those three, you can say that he'd be a very heavy favorite to beat Mayweather because of his abnormal reach, a god-like straight right hand, and toughness to boot. He could box, he could punch, he was always a LITTLE chinny as he progressed in his career but in his prime he was a fearsome fighter.

Floyd would have to avoid that magnum of a right hand, find a way to make Tommy look bad by outboxing him considering he's the shorter fighter, but I just think that with what Tommy went through, it is very safe to say that a prime Hearns gives Floyd a mess of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
                  This just goes to show you how stacked and how good the fighters in the 80's were.

You have someone like Thomas Hearns who, when taken into consideration against the other big three, is 1-3-1.

Yet despite having a losing record among those three, you can say that he'd be a very heavy favorite to beat Mayweather because of his abnormal reach, a god-like straight right hand, and toughness to boot. He could box, he could punch, he was always a LITTLE chinny as he progressed in his career but in his prime he was a fearsome fighter.

Floyd would have to avoid that magnum of a right hand, find a way to make Tommy look bad by outboxing him considering he's the shorter fighter, but I just think that with what Tommy went through, it is very safe to say that a prime Hearns gives Floyd a mess of a fight.
                  Hearns would most definitely benefit from a 12 round era, his stamina and chin is what cost him in the big fights.

Comment

I purposely left out the fighters from gone bye eras. Bassillo and Gavillan would be salivating to fight him. People like Bassillo have been missing in boxing for a long time. That guy was maxium effort and win at all cost. They would make Mayweather a better fighter and theres no doubt in my mind about that. He would be taught the main ingrediant he hasn't needed yet. What those individual old times lacked they made up for in max efforts and pride and will to win. They also understood that they had to make the fight exciting or the arenas wouldn't be at capacity. Remember NO tv NO pay per view! It was live performances, and counter punchers were NOT in demand actually they never made it to the big money. Ray.

Comment

im not really sure if these men could beat PBF, (its more of a pick'em for me...)

donald curry and jose napoles...

it would be an absolute delightful spectacle for the purists though...

Comment

Working...
                      X