No announcement yet.

if you died tomorrow.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you died tomorrow.

i actually posted this thread in the boxingscene lounge, albeit by accident, but i wanted to repost it here to get a more mature response instead of stupidity every few replies.

can you honestly say you did everything you wanted to do? and if not, what do you still want to accomplish?

for me, there is so much that i have not done yet, sooooooo much.

1. i have to go out and see the world. i have been living in this ****ty ass city for 8 years and damnit i am out of here next year.

2. i want to have a family someday i guess and have a better environment for my kids that my parents were incapable of providing. my kids will be loved and have a "normal life" at the very least.

3. i want to meet a woman i love eventually.

4. i need to lose weight and get into shape. i was "the fat kid" and my life has been ruined beyond repair because of it, no one should ever have to go through being an overweight kid, or adult. so as a life goal, i am going to get into shape, and i will never be overweight again.

5. i need to get into contact with my friends and situate myself around respectable people.

6. i need to move out of my parents house and live on my own.

7. i need to get to a boxing gym and eventually become a professional boxer.
    (hopefully make the olympics and also become the heavyweight champion of the world. )

8. stop being on this god forsaken computer for most of my time.

that is it for now.

if i died tommorow im sure my gf would live it up and have a BIG party, but yeah...one of the things id like is to get outta texas eventually and start sumwhere new

Comment

Originally posted by juggernautburn
      i actually posted this thread in the boxingscene lounge, albeit by accident, but i wanted to repost it here to get a more mature response instead of stupidity every few replies.

can you honestly say you did everything you wanted to do? and if not, what do you still want to accomplish?

1. i have to go out and see the world. i have been living in this ****ty ass city for 8 years and damnit i am out of here next year.

2. i want to have a family someday i guess and have a better environment for my kids that my parents were incapable of providing. my kids will be loved and have a "normal life" at the very least.

4. i need to lose weight and get into shape. i was "the fat kid" and my life has been ruined beyond repair because of it, no one should ever have to go through being an overweight kid, or adult. so as a life goal, i am going to get into shape, and i will never be overweight again.

5. i need to get into contact with my friends and situate myself around respectable people.

(hopefully make the olympics and also become the heavyweight champion of the world. )

that is it for now.
      FIRST, great thread.

i think a lot of us live by putting off everything. thinking that they will always have time to do something.

but to answer the question, things i would stilllike to do before i die:

* be he best mother i can be. teach them right. take them on family vacations. build memories. i want to be there for all their milestones. when i die i want to be at peace knowing that i "done good". lol!

* i also have played with the idea of going back to college to get another degree but in a related field. so i would like to do that.

* when i retire i want to open a business. be more of a owner and have people run it for me. maybe one of those movie theaters that have tables and recliners, serve food & beer, etc.

i have accomplished most of my goals and i have traveled and will continue to travel on vacations...so in all, life is good.

Comment

I have accomplished very little.
        I would like to sea the countryside and get back to nature. And solve the worlds problems. Those are my goals. I may become a tea farmer. or something. Nice and calm, But I want to help the world

Comment

Originally posted by juggernautburn

that is it for now.

Great thread....and a hard one to swallow, for me personally....because I've been thinking about such things as my own mortality lately.

"If I died tomorrow....can I honestly say I did everything you wanted to do? and if not, what do you still want to accomplish?"

Simply put....no. With twenty-twenty hindsight, I can see many choices I botched, I can see many opportunities and people I either should have pursued with more fervor or not at all; but, in the end, I know, given the knowledge I had at the time, I did all I knew to do, for better or worse.....and if I've been a little too slow or a little too timid in certain circumstance in the past, I am unable to change any of those choices now, so I am where I should be.....for better or worse. This is who I am.

Things left undone should I die tomorrow....

1. Traveling the world and seeing all there is to see.
          2. Learning everything there is to learn.
          3. Enjoying what little life I have left (if I were dying tomorrow) by soaking it all in and letting go of the things that could not be changed that still gnaw at my soul.

I'm not trying to be morbid, I'm trying to be honest. Knowledge of what one should do is one thing, application of those things is something entirely different. While I have few regrets from a "I shoulda done this" perspective, questions always remain from the "why" perspective. Still, in the end, acceptance and forgiveness is all that is left.
          Last edited by K-DOGG; 08-09-2006, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Too depressing, this is all too depressing. How about a thread that states "If you just found out you get to live for 100 more years, what would you do and how would you enjoy it?" That's so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled HK
              Too depressing, this is all too depressing. How about a thread that states "If you just found out you get to live for 100 more years, what would you do and how would you enjoy it?" That's so much better.

Damn, 100 more years of good health would be awesome....there's so much to do during this existance, so much to experience. I wouldn't know where to begin on a thread like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled HK

i didn't think it was depressing, it's just a thread that focuses on life in general, and not that next paycheck one will get, or the duties they have to tend to when they get home. A thread topic that emphasizes goals, real goals, which can be hard to remember in today's hectic world.

Comment

Well im 13 i havnt done much... but i've done all that i could, but i would've liked to get into shape before i die thats about it if i was older i'd have more i'd want to do

Comment

My life been good, but I fucked up big time by trustin stupid people I thought were friends. And I really fucked up blowin several yrs of my life on some **** I was damn close to marryin who turned out to be a ho. On the social side of things I feel like I ain't quite made up for that **** yet.

Professionally I ain't yet exactly where I wanna be, which is runnin my present office, or maybe my own eventually. It's really more about the $ as far as bein able to retire comfortably, but accomplishment wise a degree is good but not quite enuf for me. I wanna be the top dog in my company in this region.

Comment

Working...
                    X