No announcement yet.

50 cent "If your a fan of boxing you should like mma"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
    i can tolerate the standup even though it looks sloppy. when they get on the ground i turn that shit off.
    This here^^^^^^^

Comment

it's you're, not your

Comment

Why not like MMA??it combines several different martial arts,just because of their dumbass fans always try to compare it to boxing and **** on boxing does not mean it is not a good combat sport..as far as the ground game,that is a Jiu jitsu been around for YEARS!!!!.You have to be able to defend yourself in all aspects in a fight.I love combat sports and just love to see a good damn fight.....broaden your horizens people and stop blindly hating...MMA guys go to boxing gyms to better their stand up and appreciate the sport of boxing cause it is apart of their sport

Comment

I hope 50 does pull it off and makes boxing better for it. We need the best fights being made, create a monopoly, build partnerships with your competitors, whatever, just give me the damn fights that Arum and Shaeffer don't

Comment

if youre a boxing fan you should enjoy playing chess! But not all do!

Comment

Man, Fif is just setting himself up for a change in bandwagons incase Gamboa gets KO'd. I don't particularly care for him but I don't think he knows matchmaking. I hope he doesn't ruin Gamboa's career.

As for his statement, it's dumb. Doesn't make sense what so ever. As previous posters mentioned, I can tolerate the sloppy standup, but once they go to the ground, I get bored and turn it off.

PS: Kickboxing is much more entertaining though.
              Last edited by SnakeVen0m; 01-08-2013, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Boxing's my favorite sport, obviously since I'm on this site, and I cannot stand MMA. It is terrible to watch. I appreciate the skill and work involved, but its one of the sports I hate.

Comment

As a loyal boxing fan for many years, I was against watching or taking part in anything that involved the word MMA in it. as time when on I started training in gyms with these guys and learned a whole new genre in the combat realm.

That being said nothing will ever replace my first love but now I have a new found respect for MMA.

Comment

Just saying Boxing is the BEST stand up fighting in the world imo..but you have to learn other aspects of fighting to be well rounded,i LOVE BOXING,LOVE IT...but also have been trying to learn submissions and other things as well cause fights dont always stay hand to hand some end up on the ground

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      Stupid comment IMO, two completely different sports.
                      I agree. I respect what the MMA guys do but I don't look forward to watching it. You can't roll and slip punches the way you can in boxing. I know it takes skill to have a ground game but that is really where MMA loses me.

Comment

Working...
                      X