No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fernando Guerrero Approaches Golovkin, Requests Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fernando Guerrero Approaches Golovkin, Requests Fight

When it was reported by BoxingScene that Fernando Guerrero and Gabriel Rosado were possible opponents for newly crowned WBA Middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin for his January 19th date at Madison Square Garden, Guerrero made it clear he wanted to be the one to get the call.

On Saturday night after the Robert Guerrero-Andre Berto fight, Guerrero took it back to the old school way of doing things and approached Golovkin and trainer Abel Sanchez who were sitting ringside and asked that they make the fight. I was there and was able to capture it as it went down.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I take my hat off to Guerrero for wanting to fight Golovkin when really no one else wants too.

I'm just trying to figure out the method behind the madness. I mean let's face it, this is a pretty big jump from getting KO'd by Grady Brewer to challenging Golovkin.

But I commend him for wanting the best. We need more like him.

Comment

HBO has the last call, what else is new?

Comment

Career suicide in the making...

Comment

I would rather it be Guerrero instead of Rosado.....

Comment

did they shake hands?

word is that it put fernando in a cast...

Comment

Guerrero needs to do something to put his name back on the map, would be a tough fight for him but also a good opportunity to get a lot of his buzz back.

I don't know if it makes sense for Golovkin to take that fight as he wouldn't gain much from beating Fernando but he does need to fight someone and his pickings are fairly slim so if HBO likes that fight I could see him doing it to try and look impressive again.

I also think Guerrero is way better at 160 than 154 which is where the Brewer debacle took place.

Comment

This seems to be one of two things either he knows quite well he's not going to get the fight or his ppl won't allow it and he's just trying to get some pub by making challenges to a threating fighter or he's really dead set serious and wants it. I lean towards the first thought his ppl would literally be looking for the biggest payday possible bcse they know theres an all too real chance he loses before they get that chance. Geuerro would be lucky to make it through the third

Comment

Just give the man a fight

Comment

I admire Guerreros hunger. Calling out Golovkin is pretty ballsy! lets see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                    X