Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of blow will Rios Gamboa blow to TR if the fight does not happen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    Duckboa? That's as lame as it gets.

How about a jr ww calling out a FW
    People are so excited in the people who are fighting that they are forgetting that Rios is basically a Junior Welterweight. How is this interesting to fans? Both fighters are exciting but i am simply not hyped to see Rios fight Gamboa. Rios is acting tough for fighting a featherweight? Im wondering why he doesnt just finally move up and fight @140lbs

Comment

An example of one we just had last week, we hired a programming company to do some work for us... spoke over the phone, agreed on price... they faxed us over the contract to sign.

In the contract it specifies that they can never be held liable for the work they did after they have been paid. So, if we pay them, and 3 days later, their application they built for us crashes... it's on us and we have to pay them to fix something that should work in the first place.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

According to you, if I dont sign that then I'm ducking, because "I already agreed and said it sounded great".

For all you know Gamboa WAS fine with the deal.. money sounded good and everything, they get the contract and there's things in the contract that are NOT ok. An example, would be that they pay Gamboa X amount, and by signing that contract he agrees to an extension (just an example)
      Excellent example. Indeed, there are any number of things that could've gone wrong between the time Gamboa verbally agreed to the terms of the contact and the time he and his lawyers sat down to read the finished product.

Comment

In other words, you don't.

I deal with contracts on a weekly basis for the past 9 years.

An example of one we just had last week, we hired a programming company to do some work for us... spoke over the phone, agreed on price... they faxed us over the contract to sign.

In the contract it specifies that they can never be held liable for the work they did after they have been paid. So, if we pay them, and 3 days later, their application they built for us crashes... it's on us and we have to pay them to fix something that should work in the first place.

According to you, if I dont sign that then I'm ducking, because "I already agreed and said it sounded great".

For all you know Gamboa WAS fine with the deal.. money sounded good and everything, they get the contract and there's things in the contract that are NOT ok. An example, would be that they pay Gamboa X amount, and by signing that contract he agrees to an extension (just an example)
        Good post, I agree....this reminds me of Pacquiao-Mayweather....I mean a lot of these guys on here forget that Pacquiao "Agreeing" to testing demands is NOT signing a contract* states he will in fact take the tests that he agreed to verbally.
        Last edited by Atreyu Khalil; 03-06-2012, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
          If this was Rios backing out there would be endless threads saying he was a chicken blah blah blah
          If Rios wins, he just beat a FW looking for more money. If he loses he just lost to a FW. This is cherrypicking that can very well backfire for Rios.

You think it's not cherrypicking?

Well, how about JMM calling out Mayweather, and Mayweather accepted? That to me was cherrypicking on Mayweather's part. Just cause a smaller guy calls you out, doesn't mean you have to accept. Rios sees it as an easy fight against a FW and of course accepted, and is acting all big and bad against a 5' 5" FW. JMM could have easily backed down for calling out Floyd and no one would have called him a coward for it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            If Rios wins, he just beat a FW looking for more money. If he loses he just lost to a FW. This is cherrypicking that can very well backfire for Rios.

Well, how about JMM calling out Mayweather, and Mayweather accepted? That to me was cherrypicking on Mayweather's part. Just cause a smaller guy calls you out, doesn't mean you have to accept. Rios sees it as an easy fight against a FW and of course accepted, and is acting all big and bad against a 5' 5" FW. JMM could have easily backed down for calling out Floyd and no one would have called him a coward for it.
            I agree...
            What about Pacquiao-Marquez 3? JMM was still a lightweight & Pac a WW...is that a cherry pick?

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
              People are so excited in the people who are fighting that they are forgetting that Rios is basically a Junior Welterweight. How is this interesting to fans? Both fighters are exciting but i am simply not hyped to see Rios fight Gamboa. Rios is acting tough for fighting a featherweight? Im wondering why he doesnt just finally move up and fight @140lbs
              Well I'm always excited with a fight where you realistically see either guy win...

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

all this talk about a FW when you guys know that Gamboa will be more comfaortable at that weight. He was due for a move up anyway. JMM would never back down from a fight even if he knew he couldnt win it. Thats warriors for you but not every one can be one

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  Oner said Gamboa was happy with the money.

Gamboa hasn't said money is the issue, it's something else in the contract. Rumour being that this fight contract see's Gamboa tied to Top Rank for another number of years, which he doesn't want to be the case.
                  If Gamboa doesn't want to extend his contract with TR, I don't blame him then.

Comment

In other words, you don't.

I deal with contracts on a weekly basis for the past 9 years.

Waitaminute, hold on. Don't according to me anything. Your business is just that. What I know is that Gamboa called out Rios, Arum put the fight together now Gamboa is running & hiding. Talks surfaced about Floyd & so forth.

However, just like we don't know what Gamboa's talking about, we also don't know what top rank has done for him. However I'll remind you again that Gamboa asked for it, bob got it, he loved it as quoted, then now Rios comes to Miami, (which is full of Cuban's) & doesn't show, now has a problem with whatever.

Rios is on board top rank put it together at the request of Duckboa now no fight period. I don't care about technicalities.if he had a problem, he should have said something before Rios got on that plane & flew cross country. Miami is his city & he bailed on the fans, his promoter & whoever the **** else does his bidding I'll call him duck as I feel & that's that.

Comment

If TR extension is the sole reason then I stand behind Gamboa, TR isn't willing to work with other promotional companies, look at Donaire for example, we all damn well we're never gonna get to see Donaire vs. Moreno or Mares. If Gamboa wants to widen his options in the future he should leave TR, or only look to sign a small extension, 1 or 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X