Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People criticized Manny for picking Mosley over Bert, so how bout Floyd-Berto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People criticized Manny for picking Mosley over Bert, so how bout Floyd-Berto?

Why not? I mean let's face it, if he were to fight Manny first, there's no way in hell he's fighting again after that. And why should he, unless of course he lost and wanted a rematch?

Would beating Berto prove much? Probably not. But he is the livest body at WW right now. He's young, undefeated, quick, accurate and powerful. It's KINDA similar to the Klitschkos fighting Adamek, just less one sided. Does Adamek have a chance? Hell no. I can't even see him lasting the distance unless they let his face get disfigured like Briggs. But is he the livest body at HW outside of Haye? Hell yeah. I look at Mayweather-Berto or even Pacquiao-Berto the same way. Pacquiao would certainly take him out in 8, and Floyd would break him down and either stop him in Hatton fashion or win a lopsided UD, but it's not their fault their the best fighters in the world.

Even if floyd wanted to, the problem I think would be Al Haymon, since he manages both and he doesn't have his guys fight eachother.

Comment

Berto is a ****ing bum. He would get KTFO by Clottey and we all know what Pacquiao did to Clottey.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
        Why not? I mean let's face it, if he were to fight Manny first, there's no way in hell he's fighting again after that. And why should he, unless of course he lost and wanted a rematch?

Would beating Berto prove much? Probably not. But he is the livest body at WW right now. He's young, undefeated, quick, accurate and powerful. It's KINDA similar to the Klitschkos fighting Adamek, just less one sided. Does Adamek have a chance? Hell no. I can't even see him lasting the distance unless they let his face get disfigured like Briggs. But is he the livest body at HW outside of Haye? Hell yeah. I look at Mayweather-Berto or even Pacquiao-Berto the same way. Pacquiao would certainly take him out in 8, and Floyd would break him down and either stop him in Hatton fashion or win a lopsided UD, but it's not their fault their the best fighters in the world.
        Al Haymon will never allow it

Comment

Originally posted by Deedubbzz07 View Post
          Al Haymon will never allow it
          If Floyd wants it. If Berto wants it. Then who the **** is Al Haymon to say, no.

Comment

noooooooo dont ruin berto,floyd plz let him grow lol.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
              If Floyd wants it. If Berto wants it. Then who the **** is Al Haymon to say, no.
              There you go. Who says Arum is the only one who has rights to set up in house fights? Fans need to move on and forget about the Pac/Floyd fight. Berto, Khan, Bradley, who cares as long as he fights?

Comment

Why not?

Most likely not going to happen though.

Comment

best fight for floyd right now is to fight cotto or margarito imo, arum would say yes in a heart beat. it will be a top name on his resume as well. the fans will accept the fight and the numbers would be huge

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    Even if floyd wanted to, the problem I think would be Al Haymon, since he manages both and he doesn't have his guys fight eachother.
                    Who else is there for Berto to face though, sometimes you have to do things you dislike to move the ball forward.

Haymon may not go for it who knows but I would have to think they would consider it at this point when you look at how Berto can be moved forward because really he needs a signature fight, especially when you consider the beef between Arum and Haymon.

Comment

Working...
                    X