No announcement yet.

Petition for Marquez's picture at the top of this site

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition for Marquez's picture at the top of this site

Let me start this by saying I have nothing against Amir Khan. He is a solid fighter who I enjoy watching. But Here is what I propose: Amir Khan's picture at the top of the site on the main page shoud be replaced by a picture of Juan Manuel Marquez. I mean no insult to Khan, but quite frankly, Marquez is a legend, and Khan is just a solid fighter and does not have the credentials of any of the other fighters up there. This was already the case, but saturday really underlines it.
    Who's with me?
    Yes, Marquez picture should replace Khan's picture
    69.81%
    Yes, Marquez's picture should replace someone else's picture (say who in post)
    21.70%
    No, it's fine the way it is
    8.49%

Didn't they say they were going to put Camacho, Steward, and Bert's face up there? It doesn't seem like it'll be changed for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
      Didn't they say they were going to put Camacho, Steward, and Bert's face up there? It doesn't seem like it'll be changed for a long time.
      If they do that they need to add Smokin Joe. But yeah, took them forever to update it since last time anyway. Marquez should have been up there then. He is boxing's Rodney Dangerfield.

Comment

They should just put Ali, SRR, Duran, SRL, Tyson up there and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Visceral View Post
          Let me start this by saying I have nothing against Amir Khan. He is a solid fighter who I enjoy watching. But Here is what I propose: Amir Khan's picture at the top of the site on the main page shoud be replaced by a picture of Juan Manuel Marquez. I mean no insult to Khan, but quite frankly, Marquez is a legend, and Khan is just a solid fighter and does not have the credentials of any of the other fighters up there. This was already the case, but saturday really underlines it.
          Who's with me?
          This site has a lot of British visitors, so it needs a British boxer up there. Froch would arguably be a better pick but Khan is the more popular fighter known in the UK and the US.

Comment

Khan popular in the US? They were giving away tickets to his fight this Saturday in exchange for toys.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Khan popular in the US? They were giving away tickets to his fight this Saturday in exchange for toys.
              Hahaha, Marquez should be up there no doubt

Comment

No Mexican boxer up there? Strange! Juan Manuel Marquez not up there? Strange! Champion of the decade not up there? Strange! Arguably 2nd or 3rd best pound 4 pound fighter not up there? Strange!

Am I missing something?

Khan or Hopkins has to go!!!!
                Last edited by Rapid Counter; 12-13-2012, 08:09 AM.

Comment

should make the whole background to a JMM mural!

Comment

uhhh khans face is not up there, dono why everyone is sayin to replace his face, but whateva I agree marquez should be up there. tough to pick who to replace though. out of everyone, I say replace bhop (even though it pains me to say so)

Comment

Working...
                    X