Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Shane Mosley have stuck around for another crack at a Angulo or Kirkland?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He had a ton of trouble with Mayorga

Comment

I agree, I think he'd beat Kirkland/Angulo/Bundrage/Berto

people wrote Shane off after the Mayorga fight but he destroyed Margarito

remember he stunned Manny a couple of times & he badly hurt Floyd Mayweather as well

Canelo completely outclassed him & had him looking befuddled x confused but Canelo is very slick

as most boxing experts, the guadalajara shoulder roll > the philly shell

Comment

NO, he was close to the point of being hurt (human punching bag). He was not very good at 154, Angulo and Kirkland would pound this older version. Shane already hung around too long, hopefully he stays healthy over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

Alright, you got me. I tried to include every "catch" phrase that is used around here for a non-aggressive, non-come forward type fighter.

So to correct my post. Since Floyd, he fought nothing but Boxers, movers, slicksters, fast handed and Technicians.

Now, carry on.

you're looking for a punching bag? lol.

against the right style he might get some punches in, but he's not a fighter i wanted to see again.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            you're looking for a punching bag? lol.

against the right style he might get some punches in, but he's not a fighter i wanted to see again.
            Until I have see it with my own eyes it's just opinion one way or the other. But I have to speculate that he could do to Angulo and Kirkland, what he did to Margarito...under the right circumstances. Mosley has proved/earned that much.

Both of those guys are weak in their own way, their recent losses being the evidence. All I saw with Mosley is, that he got beat by guys who were able to outmaneuver him in that ring (from Floyd to Pacquiao to even The latin Snake Mora). I haven't seen him get toppled by a rugged fighter who just comes forward and takes 3 punches to get one in. You know what I mean

Comment

No, man. Shane would just have taking a lot more unnecesarry punishment.

Nobody wants to see the poor guy take more beatings.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                Until I have see it with my own eyes it's just opinion one way or the other. But I have to speculate that he could do to Angulo and Kirkland, what he did to Margarito...under the right circumstances. Mosley has proved/earned that much.

Both of those guys are weak in their own way, their recent losses being the evidence. All I saw with Mosley is, that he got beat by guys who were able to outmaneuver him in that ring (from Floyd to Pacquiao to even The latin Snake Mora). I haven't seen him get toppled by a rugged fighter who just comes forward and takes 3 punches to get one in. You know what I mean

i know what you mean, but it sounds like you're just looking for a guy who is bad enough to get tagged and lose to an ancient shane mosley.

Comment

He should have did that before fighting Canelo, it would have made that fight a lot more meaningful and earned him some extra bread.

After the fact nah because it won't set up anything so no reason to do anythign like that, however if Ricky Hatton wants to fight him he should probably go do that. I certainly wouldn't have an issue with that although I don't think it would be a great fight but I don't think that needs any sort of set up.

Comment

Working...
                  X