No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather has never beaten an elite fighter in his prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zte89147 View Post
    Because when those fighters were in their "prime" floyd was fighting at 130 to 135
    Hmmmm....

So Floyd couldn't fight Mosley at 135 because he was fighting at 130?

So Floyd couldn't fight Tszyu at 140 because he was fighting at 135?

Then, why did Floyd get Hatton to move up to 147 when Ricky was fighting at 140?

Why did Floyd force the old featherweight Marquez to move up to 147 when he was fighting at 135?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
      Hmmmm....

Then, why did Floyd get Hatton to move up to 147 when Ricky was fighting at 140?

Why did Floyd force the old featherweight Marquez to move up to 147 when he was fighting at 135?
      Zoo was too scared to get his balls back from Vince Phillips...let alone step foot into the ring with Mayweather..lol

Hatton could have fought Floyd at 140 but punked out.

You must be punch-drunk by proxy watching those sorry Klit biitches get cold-cocked.

Comment

Originally posted by FerdinandMarcos View Post
        Fail..

Floyd never quit in the ring or been KO'd by journeymen like those Klit biitches.
        thats he problem.....he quits before going in the ring.........which is much worse........................and you and the other floydettes encourage this b1tch behaviour as well............

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
          thats he problem.....he quits before going in the ring.........which is much worse........................and you and the other floydettes encourage this b1tch behaviour as well............
          Duran quit in the ring

NO MAS

NO MAS

Comment

Castillo, Hatton and Corrales were good but not really elite fighters.
            Castillo and Corrales were elite.

Comment

Originally posted by zte89147 View Post
              Because when those fighters were in their "prime" floyd was fighting at 130 to 135
              That works for all of those except for Casamayor. He was right there in weight when that was going on. I don't know all the details of that fight not coming together, but I am pretty sure it had to do with money (aka the death of the sport).

Other than that, Margarito, Cotto and Pacquiao are the three names that I can really point to and say, "man, he really should have fought them at that time", meaning Margarito before the Williams loss, Cotto before the Margarito loss and Pacquiao... well, now.

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
              Some may say your a hater but you are absolutely right. When Arum offered him 8 million to face Margarito I thought he should have taken that then fought Oscar but at that time I was under the impression he was really looking to go somewhere with his legacy.
              I used to think this Margarito $8 million offer and Floyd ducking him wasn't an actualy duck because he was making the same amount to fight for the lineal championship against Baldomir of the division (even if Tata isn't that good, it is hard to fault a guy for going after the guy who beat the lineal title, especially when that line of champions runs from Baldomir to Judah to Spinks to Mayorga to Forrest to Mosley after his win over P4P #1 Oscar De La Hoya which vaulted him to P4P #1 himself)... however, someone showed me an ESPN article from back then that showed that the $8 million offer was on the table before the Sharmba Mitchell fight. I have no problem with Mayweather taking the Mitchell fight as a tune-up, to test the waters of 147, get his body used to the weight, etc., but there really is no excuse to fight Zab Judah, coming off a loss for less money.

Call me crazy, but I think Mayweather would have had an easier time with Margarito than Judah... Margarito just doesn't have the speed to land a lot on Floyd, and Floyd's elusiveness and quickness would keep him from getting caught on the ropes, meaning that even if he loses a round here and there on the rare occasion that he does find himself pinned on the ropes and Margarito scores some points, I don't see it happening enough rounds to give Margarito the decision, and I don't see Floyd wearing down the way Cotto did.

Comment

Originally posted by FerdinandMarcos View Post
                Duran quit in the ring

NO MAS

NO MAS
                he had diarrhea.......big deal........he will be remembered as an ATG.....one of the best ever.........unlike floyd b1tchweather...........

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                  I've never seen either Johnston fight, so I just have to go with the scorecards, and what people have told me about the decisions, which has largely been that both fights were very close, and the judges scorecards were certainly very defensible, so it sounds like they were legit.

Hell the only time I've seen Stevie Johnston fight ever was against Edner Cherry, and to be clear, I am quite aware that the shell of Stevie Johnston that I saw that night is in no way indicative of the type of fighter he was when Castillo fought him.

I found it very odd how little love Castillo's lightweight run gets... I would be hard pressed to find many champions since 1990 that had that kind of run in their weight division (meaning they didn't move up... it's easier to get tough opponents if you have a bunch of divisions to choose from). The only champions who I can see getting the nod over that run are those who have close to twenty or more title defenses without a loss and are given deserved credit for the longevity of never having an off night, and taking advantage of the rare opportunity to fight a great fighter (a la Hopkins-Trinidad).
                  In their first encounter I thought Castillo won clearly, Johnston even admitted to fighting Castillo's fight. The rematch, I saw on YT in bad quality, so I'm gonna have to rewatch that, already got the file too. Johnston was a good fighter though, strong little guy, never allowed Castillo to push him around. It's weird how Castillo bullied just about everyone, except the much smaller Johnston.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                    In their first encounter I thought Castillo won clearly, Johnston even admitted to fighting Castillo's fight. The rematch, I saw on YT in bad quality, so I'm gonna have to rewatch that, already got the file too. Johnston was a good fighter though, strong little guy, never allowed Castillo to push him around.
                    Johnson was considered an elite fighter.

Comment

Hmmmm....

Floyd didn't get Hatton to move up, Hatton decided that on his own, was even quoted as saying "He's not that big, I'm stronger than he is".

Comment

Working...
                      X