X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Congrats Chile.

PK's are such a shit way to decide a game, though. I don't think my Yank sensibilities will ever get used to it.
    I don't understand how anyone can dislike penalties tbh.

The absolute best way to decide a game. All the pressure in the world, mano e mano, winner takes all...perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

The absolute best way to decide a game. All the pressure in the world, mano e mano, winner takes all...perfect.
      Because it gives teams like Chelsea and Real Madrid a chance to win a Champions League after having been outplayed quite considerably which is ridiculous

Comment

• Gutted for Argentina and Messi another finals loss they will get crucified

congrats to Chile

Comment

• Congrats Chillay (as the fat yank commentators say)

Comment

• Originally posted by El Pistolero View Post
            Because it gives teams like Chelsea and Real Madrid a chance to win a Champions League after having been outplayed quite considerably which is ridiculous
            If you can't beat them inside 120 minutes, that's on you.

There is more than enough time to win a game, if you don't do it then penalties are perfect.

Whoever best handles the pressure and fatigue wins, it's excellent.

Comment

It is a good way.

The more resilient team wins it. I don't agree with the idea that they're a lottery.

If they were a lottery England wouldn't have lost every single shootout but one in their entire history.

The players who deal with pressure and fatigue better win the shootout. Physical and mental aspects neatly rolled into one kick of the ball. No lottery about it.

Comment

If you can't beat them inside 120 minutes, that's on you.

There is more than enough time to win a game, if you don't do it then penalties are perfect.

Tiredness kicks in, you can't just play until someone scores.
                No I'm not fussed about penalties, me personally I'm not arsed but I'm just giving you a reason as to why some people dislike them

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  It is a good way.

The more resilient team wins it. I don't agree with the idea that they're a lottery.

If they were a lottery England wouldn't have lost every single shootout but one in their entire history.

The players who deal with pressure and fatigue better win the shootout. Physical and mental aspects neatly rolled into one kick of the ball. No lottery about it.
                  Absolutely.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Pistolero View Post
                    Yes penalty shootouts were invented for Chelsea and Real Madrid.

Comment

It's shit.

What's the point of two teams fighting it out for 120 minutes if you're just going to decide everything on which goalkeeper can get luckiest in the end?

Comment

Working...
                      X