No announcement yet.

Strikeforce is done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strikeforce is done

Jan. 12 Strikeforce card in Oklahoma City will be the promotion's last.

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/...ormiers-return

I knew it. More and more guys from there were getting signed by the UFC. It was only a matter of time before they didn't have enough fighters left in Strikeforce for a decent card. I hope at least they'll bring in the women from there to the UFC, which White said they WOULD do.

Comment

It's good that Strikeforce is ending soon because since it's acquisition it has been dying and the fighters blatently didn't want to fight there. Some of them have been getting paid very well in SF and will probably get paid less in the UFC also.

Strikeforce IMO put on better shows than the UFC before it was bought out, it really started to come into its own, the UFC saw that and started leeching the talent away.

It's a damn shame that the UFC bought out SF but it's good that it's gone now because it was terrible since the acquisition.

Comment

Strikeforce actually had the better cards compared to the UFC and it was free.

I knew SF was going to be done the minute the UFC bought them out. They were just keeping them around so they could honor their fighters contracts.

Sucks because I like SF and looked forward to their cards. Whatever.

Comment

That sucks. The big fights from Strikeforce had a very different vibe, like something insane or even historic was about to happen. I will definitely miss the days when I had BOTH quality UFC and SF fights to look forward to, too bad it didn't last long.

I really hope Mousasi and others will be picked up by Zuffa.

Comment

I wish they could of at least had a farewell type card as it's obvious over half the roster we'll prolly never see on television again. Dana is doing to mma what Vince did to professional wrestling. Buying any competition and taking the companies apart for a few select pieces and trashing the rest.

Comment

Yep. I've been telling people that same thing for years.

Comment

Always liked Strikeforce better cuz it was free for one thing. I wouldn't watch UFC if you paid me. All my friends like it and say boxing sucks but Im sticking to boxing.

Comment

it was bound to happen, fun while it lasted

Comment

Working...
                  X