Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still say that Victor Ortiz vs the current Manny Pacquiao would be a great fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still say that Victor Ortiz vs the current Manny Pacquiao would be a great fight

Victor Ortiz coming off of the Andre Berto win would have just been to big, to powerful.

Victor might not be ensured a victory, but Pac would have had problems.

I think it's a competitive fight for four or five rounds before Manny puts a beating on Ortiz. He has no jab and throws wide shots while also being a come forward fighter. Manny would have a field day with this guy. If Ortiz had better boxing skills I would agree that he would cause a lot of problems for Manny but he doesn't.

Exciting fight until Manny takes over. Ortiz would get a worse beating than Cotto in my opinion.

Comment

People on here forget that after Ortiz beat Berto, to become the #2 WW, that loads of people were saying Pac-Ortiz would be a war and that Floyd wouldn't fight Ortiz because it's too much of a risk......people have short memories.

Anyways, it would be exciting and tons of actions for the first 3-4 rounds, but around the 4th or 5th round, Pac would dominate and be landing at will, he'd probably stop Ortiz around 7 or 8 dropping Ortiz a couple times and the ref stops it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        People on here forget that after Ortiz beat Berto, to become the #2 WW, that loads of people were saying Pac-Ortiz would be a war and that Floyd wouldn't fight Ortiz because it's too much of a risk......people have short memories.

Anyways, it would be exciting and tons of actions for the first 3-4 rounds, but around the 4th or 5th round, Pac would dominate and be landing at will, he'd probably stop Ortiz around 7 or 8 dropping Ortiz a couple times and the ref stops it.
        I remember, and the same day the fight was annouced he was called a bum.

But I think Ortiz (directly after Ortiz) would beat the current Pacquiao. Pac has even lost alot of power or speed, but his punches definitely don't have the wasn't effect they once had, especially when looking at his last 2 fights.

Pac use to have people scared to throw punches (Clottey) or running (Mosley), knocked cold out (Hatton) and almost killed (Margarito)...to not bring able to really damage to Marquez and Bradley was tip toeing and wouldn't go down.

All of this said. Victor Ortiz would have walked down the current Pacquiao.

Comment

Great competitive fight. I honestly don't see a clear winner, but I'm sure it'd have a ton of KD's and good brawls. Probably Pac via KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
            Great competitive fight. I honestly don't see a clear winner, but I'm sure it'd have a ton of KD's and good brawls. Probably Pac via KO.
            Exactly, it would have been awesome!

Comment

Another issue, Top Rank vs GBP

Comment

If the fight happen it would end in KO, favoring Pacquiao. Another broken jaw for Victor.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
                  Another issue, Top Rank vs GBP
                  yea ur right. I'm guessing Ortiz would have to sign with top rank just to get a fight. I forgot all about that.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

What does Floyd have to do with this?

Comment

Working...
                    X