No announcement yet.

footwork rules

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• footwork rules

im a southpaw and sometimes i can be caught off guard, i cross my feet a lot because my brain isnt used to it just yet. sometimes i get confused and my feet wont do what theyre supposed to do. when i throw a jab with my right obviously i take a step with my right foot as well. but when i throw a left straight sometimes my left foot takes a step instead of my right foot. so then im off balance. one punch and im already down

is there like a guide/video or something that explains what foot to move when you throw all those different punches?

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
    im a southpaw and sometimes i can be caught off guard, i cross my feet a lot because my brain isnt used to it just yet. sometimes i get confused and my feet wont do what theyre supposed to do. when i throw a jab with my right obviously i take a step with my right foot as well. but when i throw a left straight sometimes my left foot takes a step instead of my right foot. so then im off balance. one punch and im already down

is there like a guide/video or something that explains what foot to move when you throw all those different punches?
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...AAAKoEBU_QomdE

and make sure to face away from your computer and look at the moniter through a mirror, because all these guys are talking about orthadox stance.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Double Jab View Post
        http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...AAAKoEBU_QomdE

and make sure to face away from your computer and look at the moniter through a mirror, because all these guys are talking about orthadox stance.
        i thought i mentioned something about foowork while punching maybe it wasnt clear enough, my bad

Comment

i thought i mentioned something about foowork while punching maybe it wasnt clear enough, my bad
          http://www.strictlybusinessboxing.com/14.html

and remember to use a mirror

Comment

You right handed or left handed?

Comment

practice makes perfect. I think used to have the same problem long ago when i first started, stepping and dragging. whichever lead punch you throw, your lead food steps, and your back foot pivots (or drags if youre moving forward). Practice it, walking forward and backward. Lead food step, back foot drag.

If you move backwards, back foot steps back, lead foot drag. etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                You right handed or left handed?
                left handed but im not too advanced yet i would probably switch stances to orthodox if theres more advantages

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
                  practice makes perfect. I think used to have the same problem long ago when i first started, stepping and dragging. whichever lead punch you throw, your lead food steps, and your back foot pivots (or drags if youre moving forward). Practice it, walking forward and backward. Lead food step, back foot drag.

If you move backwards, back foot steps back, lead foot drag. etc..
                  thanks man, i try practicing it a lot but there are always some new situations that my brain isnt used to like when going in to block a shot and then to counter, sometimes i make a step with my lead foot and sometimes i use the other one

Comment

Originally posted by Double Jab View Post
                    Thank you for posting that link!

Comment

Working...
                    X