Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are OK for Khan's points deduction for pushing, what about holding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    Now multiply that by 12....
    That's 72 warnings for Hopkins. How many points were deducted?

Comment

Originally posted by trampstank View Post
      They were very harsh deductions for Khan. I think such a minor indescretion should not be made to affect the outcome of the fight like that.

Many fighters get away with far worse. Check out the video below; holding, pushing, elbows and low-blows all considered clever tricks of the trade.

far worse? are you joking? pay attention to this post
      Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
      DUDE.

If you push / hold / elbow / headbutt / etc. once in awhile, you're gonna get away with it. If you do it a few times a round, you're going to get away with it.

But if you push 10,000x with the Ref constantly warning-- hey maybe you should think about stopping.
      each time a fighter gets inside, khan will either push off or push down as if his life depended on it. it's too blatant what he does.
      Last edited by John Barron; 12-12-2011, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
        fare worse? are you joking? pay attention to this post.

each time a fighter gets inside, khan will either push off or push down as if his life depended on it. it's too blatant what he does.
        Point of the elbow to the eye > a push in my humble opinoin.

I think each time is an exaggeration. I've seen the 'push' video and it looks quite dramatic all edited together etc but actually watching the fight it did not look any more dramatic than many fights I have watched before. I didn't hear/ see Petersen or his corner complain once.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
          That's 72 warnings for Hopkins. How many points were deducted?
          Pretty sure I was arguing with you about referee consistency in another thread.
          But people are crucifying Cooper for actually calling something out, other refs might not but that's on them.

Comment

But people are crucifying Cooper for actually calling something out, other refs might not but that's on them.
            I'm guessing because of your dislike for Khan you're ok with the inconsistency.

Comment

I'm guessing because of your dislike for Khan you're ok with the inconsistency.
              Cooper was consistent with upholding the rules of the game.

Its nut hugging that makes rules not have to apply to certain people and its that exact kind of BS that hurts boxing.

So why is it that the ref that respects the rules of boxing out of others that dont who gets the stick?

The ONLY way consistency will come is if the rules of boxing are respected, as the rules are the only things that do not change from fight to fight.

As long as each ref can pick and choose if and when to actually pay any regard to the rules of the sport, there will NEVER be consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
                Cooper was consistent with upholding the rules of the game.

Its nut hugging that makes rules not have to apply to certain people and its that exact kind of BS that hurts boxing.

So why is it that the ref that respects the rules of boxing out of others that dont who gets the stick?

The ONLY way consistency will come is if the rules of boxing are respected, as the rules are the only things that do not change from fight to fight.

As long as each ref can pick and choose if and when to actually pay any regard to the rules of the sport, there will NEVER be consistency.
                Nah, Cooper needed to call time and issue warnings to both fighters, Peterson for elbows and bulling him into the ropes, and Khan for holding behind the head. He did neither, and instead took points on a whim, from both fighters.

Comment

Nah, Cooper needed to call time and issue warnings to both fighters, Peterson for elbows and bulling him into the ropes, and Khan for holding behind the head. He did neither, and instead took points on a whim, from both fighters.
                  Right.

1. LoL at you somehow deciding Peterson was the one with "the elbow" in that fight.

2. Show me where in the rule books it says that bullying an opponent is against the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
                    Right.

1. LoL at you somehow deciding Peterson was the one with "the elbow" in that fight.

2. Show me where in the rule books it says that bullying an opponent is against the rules.
                    He was elbowing Khan under the chin whenever they got in close on the ropes. Watch again, almost as if he was trying to bring Khan's gloves down.

Lowering your head as a tool to push a fighter into the ropes like a billygoat is guess what, a headbutt. I really am fine with it, but if the ref is going to take points off for pushing he needs to look at the butts and elbows too. He warned him two or three times, then for some reason stopped.

Comment

Well... he did take the same amount of points for pushing that Tyson was deducted for biting an ear off.

Comment

Working...
                      X