Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pac vs Martinez, Sarmiento Solved What Weight Division To Fight: Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac vs Martinez, Sarmiento Solved What Weight Division To Fight: Welterweight

http://www.boxingscene.com/sergio-ma...-pounds--42078

Sergio's trainer Pablo Sarmeinto, said that Martinez is in his own words "he's really a fighter at 147" and "that's really his weight".

Welterweight division it is.

Pacquiao said anyone 147 and under, so let's go.

Comment

don't be so stupid man.
      PABLO sarmiento is sergio martinez's trainer's brother. martinez's real trainer is gabriel sarmiento.
      also, here's an interview i posted in that thread that everyone seemed to ignore
      Would you be happy to move up to the Super-Middleweight division to chase big fights with the likes of Andre Ward, Carl Froch or Lucian Bute if you are unable to get big fights at Light-Middleweight or Middleweight?

I started at 147, in 2003 climbed to 154 and due to the demands of my career I had to climb to 160. I consider myself a strong 154 or small 160. The 168 will only come if there is a profitable business or an agreed weight where both boxers have to make a sacrifice. I'm open to any fight with the best, but not where only I have to sacrifice. I'll give you an example. I'd fight with Bernard Hopkins tomorrow at a weight of 165 and agreed fighting weight of 172.

Do you still have ambitions to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr and Manny Pacquaio? Which of these fights would you prefer?

Pacquiao I never had any intention of fighting. It's too small for me. The only weight to fight at is 154 and I do not give up more weight than that. For me, at 154, I have no problems.
      Mayweather is another thing. I want that fight. It is undisputed number 1 pound for pound and I want to win. I can beat him, but also, I'm dangerous for him and that fight will happen but not short term. I wish I could fight him with the middleweight world title at stake, but at a weight of 156-158 pounds.
      http://www.606v2.com/t9819-qa-with-s...villa-martinez

Comment

your a ****in ****** and fanboy if you think segio is a live fighter at 147 after spending so long away from that weight.......

Comment

Blame the reporter who wrote that artcle saying Pablo is the trainer of Sergio.

Hey, it came from Sergio's team that he is a 147 fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
            Blame the reporter who wrote that artcle saying Pablo is the trainer of Sergio.

Hey, it came from Sergio's team that he is a 147 fighter.
            yeah but it's not coming exactly from sergio or his actual trainer, when it does i guess then there's a problem when they say they could only make 154. it is what it is, i guess reeno didn't think about it cause pablo was in sergio's corner in the fight against dzinziruk, gabriel wasn't able to attend cause he had/has a problem in spain. i think he's still there, idk.

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
              your a ****in ****** and fanboy if you think segio is a live fighter at 147 after spending so long away from that weight.......
              How about you pay what you owe.

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
                What part of blown up welterweight don't you understand ******. Blown up mean he's a welterweight but he's just blown up to middle weight. If Martinez want the fight at welter and PAC pass on it than PAC is ducking big time.

Comment

everyone knows sergio cant do 147

pacquiao should fight at 154 with a stipulation that martinez cannot weigh more than 154 on fight night

pacman wins the fight if martinez weighs 154 on fight night

any bigger (160 170) and martinez will drop him

Comment

LOL you guys actually believed that? He clearly said it just to make Mayweather or Cotto take the bait.

I swear, some people will believe anything these guys says nowadays....

Comment

Working...
                    X