No announcement yet.

Mexico, 22 vs Puerto Rico, 41 - Lets name the Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BorderPatrol View Post
    Tito vs Campas 50-0 was somehow "insignificant" as per the Mexican litmus test.

LMAO.
    Not to mention the crowd was obviously Pro Campas, they where not shouting Mexico! Mexico!, but where shouting Campas! Campas! (or was it Yori Boy!?) so obviously he had a huge fanbase at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by machotime View Post
      check your stats before you speak. they look something like.....

PR - 44
      Mexico - 37

No soup fo u!
      ok, prove it.

Comment

?

Problem:

All of the fights PR wins against Mexico, you claim are NOT significant.

Tito over Vargas, or Gomez over 18 Mexicans etc etc

How is JuanMa VS De Leon or Rafa, less significant than Lopez Vs Salido??

How is Margarito via plaster over Cotto significant?

How is Segura beating a 36 year old smaller fighter, significant?

You have a funny way of looking at life my friend.

Any fight that does not favor Mexico is deemed "insignificant" by the mexicans....
        This may be a case where "Don't argue with an idiot because they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience" applies, but I'll make an attempt anyway.

Vargas is not included because he's American. You may bring up that Oscar is also American, but, he holds dual citizenship (also a Mexican citizen). Ok...

The outcome of Salido vs Juanma is more significant than the De Leon fight because... do I really need to explain myself here?

Get over the beatdown that Margarito put on Cotto already. What are you gonna do when it happens again?

LOL at your assessment of Segura vs Calderon. Your boy got whooped up on and forced to quit on his knees, TWICE! First fight was FOTY in a fight where the young up and comer dethrones the undefeated P4P level champ. That's significance for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
          This may be a case where "Don't argue with an idiot because they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience" applies, but I'll make an attempt anyway.

Vargas is not included because he's American. You may bring up that Oscar is also American, but, he holds dual citizenship (also a Mexican citizen). Ok... (AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)

The outcome of Salido vs Juanma is more significant than the De Leon fight because... do I really need to explain myself here? (Yes you do)

Get over the beatdown that Margarito put on Cotto already. What are you gonna do when it happens again? (You mean plaster wraps again!?)

LOL at your assessment of Segura vs Calderon. Your boy got whooped up on and forced to quit on his knees, TWICE! First fight was FOTY in a fight where the young up and comer dethrones the undefeated P4P level champ. That's significance for you. (Calderone was 36 years old and facing a bigger fighter)

You just made yourself look like an idiot.

The only reason you think JuanMa V Salido is more "significant" is because the Mexican won.

Comment

You just made yourself look like an idiot.

The only reason you think JuanMa V Salido is more "significant" is because the Mexican won.

I said the outcome of the fight was significant in that a complete underdog with a 34 - 11 record comes in and defeats the young undefeated superstar in his home country for the featherweight title. That's significance for you, you big dummy.

Comment

• Mexico owns PR

Comment

• Originally posted by etlux View Post
                PR owns Mexico
                Fixed it for you my good man

Comment

• Keeping it real.

Mexico has 17 champs right now, PR has 2.

We're drinking the sour tequila, like it or not. Agave pa to el mundo.

Congrats to Mexico on their streak!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
                    Keeping it real.

Mexico has 17 champs right now, PR has 2.

We're drinking the sour tequila, like it or not. Agave pa to el mundo.

Congrats to Mexico on their streak!
                    Hall, you Baya, Mellow are probably the only PR that are cool as fuk on here. I know there are the pendejos on the Mexican side as well.

Too bad for those idiots, I have always had respect for the PR fighters, such a small island and boxing is so big.

I gained respect for JuanMa to be honest with you, he didn't run, stood and went out like a warrior. Props to him and he will definitely be back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                      Hall, you Baya, Mellow are probably the only PR that are cool as fuk on here. I know there are the pendejos on the Mexican side as well.

Too bad for those idiots, I have always had respect for the PR fighters, such a small island and boxing is so big.

I gained respect for JuanMa to be honest with you, he didn't run, stood and went out like a warrior. Props to him and he will definitely be back.
                      Yeah he has heart, what he needs is more defense and a better gameplan. He's expecting to take people out and when it doesn't happen he's SOL. I've always said it, we have great talent in our ranks, as fighters, but we need top trainers to take them to the next level, it's just not there. It's not that they aren't good, but not top, in my opinion, I may be wrong...

Salido had a key element in his corner, Daniel Zaragosa. The guy came up with the perfect plan and Salido was not to be denied. People were focused on his 11 losses, not on his experience, tenacity, and toughness.

You have guys like Zaragosa, Garcia, Beristain. These guys KNOW the intricacies of the game, some of them have been there, as fighters themselves. We need more of that, former fighters who turn trainers, to help the current crop keep getting better.

Comment

Working...
                      X