No announcement yet.

Full transcript of Anthony Joshua talking to his corner between rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    He’s been fighting scared since the Klitschko fight. If anything, he needs a sports psychologist.
    Nah he's already got one.

He needs a new trainer. He needs his Manny Steward.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
      Nah he's already got one.

He needs a new trainer. He needs his Manny Steward.
      I’d argue wilder needs his Manny, and Fury needs his Manny.

The sport misses Manny. I was lucky enough to meet the man years ago at Kronk. Brilliant mind for the sport.

Also, maybe he needs a better sports psychiatrist? Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        This is what I’ve been saying. Everyone saying AJ needs a new trainer when he didn’t follow a single instruction
        Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        Sounds like the worst trainer. I'd have fired him between rounds. Same stupid advice over and over: right hand, 1-2. Who trains this guy? Excuse my ignorance.

Not blaming all on the trainer, tho, Joshua is a beta soft. This is not for him.

That’s what I was saying yesterday
        First I thought the advice he was getting was far from great , to say the least ( then again Mckracken not a favourite of mine )
        Just imo , could of tried different ways to get in his head : jab jab right and 1-2
        Secondly exactly like Rexy said he’s not fughin listening to his trainer
        AJ has lost respect for his trainer or wtv

It’s time to get a new trainer and no this is not all on his back but two wrongs don’t make a right
        And it certainly takes two to dance

Comment

If this doesn't confirm he was concussed I don't know what does.

He didn't know what he was caught with, what he was landing with or why he was feeling unwell. Very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
            If this doesn't confirm he was concussed I don't know what does.

He didn't know what he was caught with, what he was landing with or why he was feeling unwell. Very strange.
            Devils advocate - Andy is a combination puncher. Has AJ faced a high volume combo puncher before? Also, the worst punch is the one you don’t see coming. Most guys who take a knockdown (or even get buzzed hard) don’t know what punch did it unless it was a one punch.

Breazeale would know which punch from Wilder KO’d him. Stiverne wouldn’t.

Comment

Mentally he's finished. He sounded like a scared kid under pressure.

Comment

Thank you for posting this.

Found it so odd they way they were conversing. Don't think I've ever seen a fighter speak that much during rounds and ask that many questions.

Comment

"AJ: Why am I feeling like this though?"

This is a weird comment from AJ. Didn't catch this in real time.

But yea Joshua needs a new trainer if he's not following instructions & also I'd tell him to stfu in the corner & quit f#cking talking & just listen. Didn't realize he talked so much in the corner.

Get Floyd Sr in there with him.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                    Sounds like the worst trainer. I'd have fired him between rounds. Same stupid advice over and over: right hand, 1-2. Who trains this guy? Excuse my ignorance.

Not blaming all on the trainer, tho, Joshua is a beta soft. This is not for him.
                    Yeah, i agree! Anybody can be an Olympic gold medalist and become the number one heavyweight in the world! This isn't for him. Joshua should be a greeter at walmart.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                      Mentally he's finished. He sounded like a scared kid under pressure.
                      Yeah seemed to be that way since the Klitschko fight which is why Rob McCracken wanted to push back the Wilder fight

His corner sucks though AJ been making the same mistakes for a while now he should've went with someone like Virgil Hunter a while back

Comment

Working...
                      X