Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Vazquez Reflects on Controversial Loss, Aims For World Title Run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Vazquez Reflects on Controversial Loss, Aims For World Title Run

"I felt I won the fight but I had to accept the result," said a remarkably positive Miguel Vazquez just a couple of weeks after he lost one of the year's more hotly-disputed decisions. The Mexican lost a split verdict to Lewis Ritson in Peterborough on October 17, his second controversial defeat in the UK following a points defeat to Ohara Davies last year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The judges for the ritson fight should have been called before the board to explain their scoring. None of them were close, the decision was (another) blatant Hearn funded robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
      The judges for the ritson fight should have been called before the board to explain their scoring. None of them were close, the decision was (another) blatant Hearn funded robbery.
      Hearn called the decision a robbery, and the BBBofC pick the judges, so I don't know what you're talking about. It's a problem in general that house fighters of the top promoters get favoured, be that with Warren (Davies/Vazquez), Goldenboy or whoever. The judges should be held to account via the boards or commissions that use them, especially when their inconsistencies are repeated.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
        IIRC one judge was but was cleared of any wrong doings, forget his name one of the UK posters will tell you. Terry somethingorother.

Comment

Originally posted by fistic flow View Post
          Hearn called the decision a robbery, and the BBBofC pick the judges, so I don't know what you're talking about. It's a problem in general that house fighters of the top promoters get favoured, be that with Warren (Davies/Vazquez), Goldenboy or whoever. The judges should be held to account via the boards or commissions that use them, especially when their inconsistencies are repeated.
          Yes, it's definitely a matter for the governing athletic boards. Thanks.

Comment

He' a real Mexican champ unlike JMM, Nery who I think are cheats.

Comment

Working...
            X