Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the hardest puncher in WelterWeight History?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
    Armstrong was an average puncher at welterweight. He threw a ****ton of punches but they were definitely not fight-enders.

Napoles isn't up there with the names above.
    ha ha armstrong had about a 100 ko's,but not a puncher doesnt make sense

Comment

Ray Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
        ha ha armstrong had about a 100 ko's,but not a puncher doesnt make sense
        Accumulation stoppages.

To survive a decision against him, you'd have to absorb around 1500 punches at 100 a round.

Comment

Accumulation stoppages.

To survive a decision against him, you'd have to absorb around 1500 punches at 100 a round.
          if its in his % of kos tkos its still impressive considering he koed guys when he was smaller than opponents and weighing less than his opponents to.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
            if its in his % of kos tkos its still impressive considering he koed guys when he was smaller than opponents and weighing less than his opponents to.
            Okay power. At featherweight and lightweight it was better. It was very rare he got a one-punch knockout or even stunned and wobbled a quality opponent. He wore them down and stopped them. Some would even quit just to make him stop.

But this is more than just okay power.

That is his competition for hardest puncher. He falls short.

Comment

Okay power. At featherweight and lightweight it was better. It was very rare he got a one-punch knockout or even stunned and wobbled a quality opponent. He wore them down and stopped them. Some would even quit just to make him stop.

But this is more than just okay power.

That is his competition for hardest puncher. He falls short.
              ha ha thats who i voted,and its a brilliant sig by the way is it ok to save it?

Comment

Hearns was the most Dominant welterwight in history.

The hardest puncher, I have to give it to Trinidad.

Hearns KO'd Duran after a 15 round beating from Hagler, who is by the way an ATG puncher.

What also makes me vote for Trinidad is the KO's of Campas and Mayorga. People might argue with this, but those men had chins of steel in their prime, they hadn't been beat up, and he annihilated them.

Comment

Pipino Cuevas was the hardest puncher ever he broke many Jaws,eye sockets I never heard of Hearns doing that the only problem is Pipino didn't have the boxing skills of Hearns nor the height and reach. Roberto Duran should be on that list cause he's the only lightweight or welterweight of ever putting down a big guy like Barkley

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
                    Hearns was the most Dominant welterwight in history.

The hardest puncher, I have to give it to Trinidad.

Hearns KO'd Duran after a 15 round beating from Hagler, who is by the way an ATG puncher.

What also makes me vote for Trinidad is the KO's of Campas and Mayorga. People might argue with this, but those men had chins of steel in their prime, they hadn't been beat up, and he annihilated them.
                    Trinadad needs to be removed from the list cause he's questionable like Margarito of loading the wraps. After his scheme was revealed by Hopkins he just became an average Joe who was out boxed by Winky Wright for 12 rounds and it took him about 1000 punches just to drop an out of shape undisciplined Mayorga, Hell even an unknown Cherrieff went 12 rounds with him

Comment

Tommy Hearns

/thread

Comment

Working...
                      X