Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Says Mayweather-McGregor is a Joke, Explains Why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Says Mayweather-McGregor is a Joke, Explains Why

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum has over 50 years of experience as a boxing promoter, and he doesn't view a potential Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor clash as a legitimate fight and he doesn't expect it to be competitive. McGregor, who is arguably the biggest name in mixed martial arts, is pushing to have a boxing match with Mayweather. The two athletes have been taunting each other for well over a year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He says it's a joke (which it really is) but he would be the first one to set up a Pac vs. McGregor fight if he could. Ol' Bob is just jealous he isn't cashing in on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by RLYNN View Post
      He says it's a joke (which it really is) but he would be the first one to set up a Pac vs. McGregor fight if he could. Ol' Bob is just jealous he isn't cashing in on this one.
      Yup last month Arum threw Manny's name out and begged Dana White for the fight. Now that Dana told him to sit his old azzz down now all a sudden it's a joke for McGregor to fight Floyd. SMH

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/2/3/...oxing-mma-news

“Listen, I love Manny Pacquiao. But I don’t love Bob Arum,” White said. “You can tell Arum to save his money and not make any calls over here because we aren’t doing business with him.”

The 84-year-old boxing promoter recently spoke to the TMZ cameras, where he gave the green light to make the match happen, even if he is not included in the deal.

“I don’t have to be involved,” Arum said. “I ain’t getting in the ring. But that’s an easy fight for Manny, and I would love for that fight to happen.”

Comment

Someone needs to check on Arum. Just this week alone he has come out talking shyt about PBC, Canelo, Golden Boy, now Floyd and UFC. He's just mad because other people making moves making money and he's out in the cold. He is the most bitter old man I've ever seen.

Comment

The headline should be this....

Bob Arum Says Mayweather-McGregor is a Joke, Needs No Explanation

Comment

floyd fans: well, the conor fight is ok with me, only because conor called floyd out first. plus it will be a get back at what the ufc did to james toney.

arum gives a list of who manny could be fighting next.

floyd fans: man, pac and arum need to stop playing the fans for a fool. they need to fight real contender or just stay retired. i will not buy this fight!

Comment

Originally posted by RLYNN View Post
              Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              Yup last month Arum threw Manny's name out and begged Dana White for the fight. Now that Dana told him to sit his old azzz down now all a sudden it's a joke for McGregor to fight Floyd. SMH

“Listen, I love Manny Pacquiao. But I don’t love Bob Arum,” White said. “You can tell Arum to save his money and not make any calls over here because we aren’t doing business with him.”

The 84-year-old boxing promoter recently spoke to the TMZ cameras, where he gave the green light to make the match happen, even if he is not included in the deal.

“I don’t have to be involved,” Arum said. “I ain’t getting in the ring. But that’s an easy fight for Manny, and I would love for that fight to happen.”
              lol..yep...but it is a joke and a bad one at that..but i would love to see the face of the UFC get clowned..i aint forgot how they did James Toney

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post

can you show me where arum was begging for the mcgregor fight? floyd on the other hand.... LOL

Comment

Arum speaks the truth , if you are to give a circus match up like FMjr vs CM any credibility your living in a fantasy world. If it happens I wish for it to fail miserably at the box office because then it will not be attempted again. If FMjr wants to come back, [ as a boxing fan and someone who does not watch UFC ] I would rather see him sign to fight, Thurman, or Spence or Brook or Canelo II, or even Garcia,GGG. It's a cash grab when FMjr says he wants 100 million I take that as an insult and I would think all boxing fans would because that is our money he has his eyes on he does not really contemplate what HIS fans would want to see. It looks so bad they way he ended his career , Berto and then CM what a joke.

Comment

He f#cking promoted Ali vs Inoki in that crabwalk kicking fight or whatever. Who the f#ck is he fooling. If Floyd asked him tomorrow if he wanted to promoter him vs McGregor Arum would be on top of that sh^t so quick & he even knows that. Be better than dealing with all this nutty ass Manny vs Horn vs Khan in Aussieland or the UAE on HBO or TR PPV silliness.

Comment

Working...
                    X