No announcement yet.

Uses Of A Heavy Bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uses Of A Heavy Bag

Is their any sites which show clips of how to use a heavy bag?

well it's pretty self explanatory, but I'll give you a brief summary of how I do it

focus on punch technique, dont make your hooks too wide, etc. remember if you get used to throwing wide punches when you start sparring the guy will have short hooks and punk you when you throw that wide punch. so focus on leverage, good technique, and making your punches flow.

after 6 regular rounds, do 6 rounds ,30 second rounds at full intensity, throwing the strongest punches you can muster without any pauses. watch wideness of hooks and technique,focus on leverage and making the punches flow together

finally my finish off workout is 3 rounds of outside work, square up with the bag and throw long straight punches,30 seconds a round, try to get the back all the way back and balance the weight of the bag with repeated blows

thats about it

Comment

Speaking of wide hooks that right hook of Jullians was one of the widest i ever saw land on poor herol graham!

Comment

Originally posted by Pugnacious_Z
        Is their any sites which show clips of how to use a heavy bag?
        punch it

Comment

Yeah...that's pretty wide alright. Trinidad throws a wide-left too...he throws it so hard and wide he loses his balance just to deliver it..

Comment

ya

check out www.rossboxing.com

it'll give u routines and drills
            and has some videos

Comment

i tend to do 30 repititions of a particular technique (say a jab), then do 30 reps of that same technique with something else added on the end (say jab-body cross) and keep going in that manner till im throwing 6 or 7 step combinations, by which time i've either forgotten what im doing or lost interest.
              Aside from that i just do free form bag work, throwing any techniques i like at a high intensity in three minute rounds. Sometimes i'll focus on a particular element of my boxing eg footwork whilst doing this type of work to keep me focused.

Comment

Rossboxing is definetly a good place to stop by and check out for various training informations and examples. (i.e. heavy bag)

Comment

while rossboxing is a good site, remember, the guy never stepped foot in a ring(he quit after 2 amateur bouts,got ko'd in the 2nd one)..so take his advice with a grain of salt

Comment

Originally posted by Slipx
                    while rossboxing is a good site, remember, the guy never stepped foot in a ring(he quit after 2 amateur bouts,got ko'd in the 2nd one)..so take his advice with a grain of salt
                    i got into a few **** wars with him before. he talks very highly of his training and methods, it does'nt matter what you do in the gym, if it does'nt show in the ring it dont mean ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X