No announcement yet.

my nose bleeds alot during sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my nose bleeds alot during sparring

I got hit once in sparring in the tip of my nose and everytime I got lightly hit it spurts out a bit of blood and bleeds for 10 seconds. Then I got hit on the bridge and it bleeds from there now. Everytime I spar I end up with a bloody nose. I know I must work on defense but eventually I'll get touched by a jab.
    Is there anything I can do to it? It's really annoying everyone keeps bragging
    about how they gave me a bloody nose and it's really getting me pissed.
    I been sparring for 3 months now I thought my nose would adjust but still no results.

you can talk to your doctor about getting your nose cauterized. i was planning on doing this last year, but i ended up breaking my nose. low and behold in the year+ since i have had a deviated septum i haven't had a single nose bleed.

Comment

I have the same problem. A light tap and it starts bleeding like crazy.

Like rj said, get it cauterized. I had it cauterized about 4 years before I boxed because I used to get nose bleeds just out of the blue, and the cauterization cured it until I started boxing. I plan to get mine cauterized in the next couple weeks before I start sparring again.

Comment

what is cauterization like? any risks and what is it like after and during the process. Did it cost you any money.

Comment

funny thing u bring this topic up, on the night that this happens to me for the 2nd time. it is really starting to irritate me. i don't quite understand it because i sparred plenty before and this has never happened to me until recently, roughly 2 months ago when it began.

Comment

I got this problem to! Its like one decent jab and my nose just explodes with blood, even if I am winning and outworking opponents, people seem to think they got the better of me just becuase my nose is mega weak. Never heard of cauterzing... is the process long?

Comment

i read up on cauterizing, supposedly its suppose to be painful, i rather just develop a stronger nose i guess with more and more sparring. i think that last time the hit that caused me to bleed the first time around really messed my nose up and i still wasnt fully recovered, thus happening again last night.

Comment

how old are you, OP? i used to spar a lot when i was really young. i got bloody noses and eventually got a broken blood vessel... needless to say that sucked. i took time off and now, no more bleeding. maybe wait a bit longer.

Comment

one boxer in my gym had the same problem. go to the doctor, have it cauterised and come back.

Comment

so 2 days after i got bruising under both my eyes, so its safe to say it got broken that night, which sucks.

Comment

Working...
                    X