No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mariusz Wach is Suspended For a Year Over Steroids

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mariusz Wach is Suspended For a Year Over Steroids

Hevayweight Mariusz Wach (27-1, 15 KOs) has received notification from the German Boxing Federation that he is being suspended for twelve months due to a postive drug test result in the aftermath of his November fight with unified champion Wladimir Klitschko. Wach was badly beaten and lost a twelve round unanimous decision. After the match, Wach's "A" sample tested positive for steroids.

[Click Here To Read More]

Fair punishment in my opinion. Should be this way for everyone though.

Comment

Wach gets a year for his first offence. That seems right. Chavez Jr. gets a wristslap for his second offence. Go figure.

Sidenote: I wonder whether the german federation will pursue the tampered glove bit as well? They should.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Wach gets a year for his first offence. That seems right. Chavez Jr. gets a wristslap for his second offence. Go figure.

Sidenote: I wonder whether the german federation will pursue the tampered glove bit as well? They should.
        Tampered glove bit? What happened here? I don't recall that

Comment

Probably because his was steroids which is considered a PED. Chavez with the marijuana thing is just because its illegal (not necessarily "performance enhancing"). That's my only guess why his punishment wasn't as long

Comment

What about PEDerson? He also admitted to doing where the hell he was doing for the first fight as well. PEDs? No problem. Keep your title and keep on fighting.

Comment

I thought he said he wasn't interested in boxing anymore.

Comment

Score for the German Boxing Federation.

Comment

Chavez Jr tested positive for pot. It's apples and oranges.

Comment

didn't he try to take out the padding from his gloves too? lol what a bum

Comment

Working...
                    X