Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FMJ says his undefeated record is his legacy. If he loses would you consider him ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if he loses, his career will be defined by his wins... so ATG... yeah, anybody who says otherwise is high on pooh.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Even if he loses, his career will be defined by his wins... so ATG... yeah, anybody who says otherwise is high on pooh.
      well the argument isn't if he is or not, the argument is that he's not highly ranked as high as HE thinks he is or as his fans think he is, that's all..

Comment

I've always liked the saying to become a great fighter you have to beat great fighters.

The level of opposistion Floyd has faced is not in the league as some of the past greats.

The Klitschko's will never break the heavyweight top 10 no matter how many more wins they get because there is not the great fighters around for them to fight.

Floyd should have relished the chance to fight Pacquiao and even the like of Cotto, Marg, Martinez, but for some reason he has chosen not to take that path.

So we can only judge him on what he has done, not what he could do, and what he has done compared to others puts him around 40-50 ATG for me.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          I've always liked the saying to become a great fighter you have to beat great fighters.

The level of opposistion Floyd has faced is not in the league as some of the past greats.

The Klitschko's will never break the heavyweight top 10 no matter how many more wins they get because there is not the great fighters around for them to fight.

Floyd should have relished the chance to fight Pacquiao and even the like of Cotto, Marg, Martinez, but for some reason he has chosen not to take that path.

So we can only judge him on what he has done, not what he could do, and what he has done compared to others puts him around 40-50 ATG for me.
          Hoya Mosley Hatton JMM JLC are all great fighters bro..May is top 30 to 40 right now..He beats Pac he breaks into top 15 to 20 easy...

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
            I can almost see where Mayweather is coming from because if he were to lose he would drop considerably in all-time great consideration.
            Nearly every all-time great had a few losses and they're still all-time greats. If you've done enough in your career and consistently fought tough opposition then the occasional loss can be overlooked.

Comment

This isn't even close. Anyone who knows anything about boxing knows one loss does not take away a legacy. The guy is one of the greatest period. It's not even close. He makes top p4p fighters look like nobodies. He's already in the freaking hall of fame.

Comment

Is this a serious question? I don't care how much you hate floyd he will be a 1st ballot HOF inductee 5 years after he hangs up the gloves. Haters are gonn a hate regardless. Anyone who thinks a loss somehow changes his legacy is truluy stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post

I really wish you guys would stop with this crap. Ya'll kill me with this logic that if he would have fought Cotto and Tony that he would have just sky rocketed up an "ATG list".

Comment

If Legacies and greatness were determined by an unbeaten record then Marciano, Calzaghe and Ottke would be the top 3 greatest fighters of all time. Floyd has pretty much trod water for the peak years of his career and he could have done so much more.

He is an ATG fighter, no doubt about that for me, but he simply hasnt fought the very best fighters around at the zenith of his career, in fact he has actually avoided them. Its only my opinion, but I reckon people will always take that into account when evaluating his standing 20-30 years from now, and the 'reasons' he gave for not fighting the likes of Cotto, Margarito,Pacquiao etc. will look pretty bad.

Its quite frustrating as a boxing fan because I would have made him favourite to have beaten all his contemparies, just going purely off his attributes against theirs. The only guy I see giving him a really hard time is Pacquiao, but I would still bet on Floyd winning that on points.

A great fighter he is, but could have achieved so much more if his hunger for glory was even half his hunger for money.

Comment

If, after 12 brutal rounds ,after making M. Pacquiao miss, and hitting him with clean blows while circling around him until total exhaustion, floyd finds the heart to fight back in the 12'th(Remember sugar ray?) i'd say it doesnt event matter if he loses or not in a potential match,he is an ATG . Here is the catch: what if, just suppose, he cruises for 12 rounds (In the manner of Roy Jones in his 3'rd fight with tarver) ,scared, and in DEFCON 1 , while getting hit with hard shots.What if he loses by UD(himself, he wouldn't even admit he lost)? Where does it take him? What if the judges wouldve given the fight to DeLaHoya(it was a split decision), he would have no 0, but would still be a very talented fighter.Its his marketing catch, as he claims to be invincible.

Comment

Working...
                      X