Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Your Young Child Is Obese Are You Guilty Of Child Abuse Or Neglect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Your Young Child Is Obese Are You Guilty Of Child Abuse Or Neglect?

See this all the time & drives me crazy. Obviously I say yes its child abuse or neglect outside of the kid being one of those rare cases of having a thyroid issue or some uncontrolable or out of control medical issue that can impact ones weight.

Considering young kids are left to take care of themselves I would say yes.

Comment

Yes.......I would never give my daughter food that would turn them into slobs.

Comment

It’s a different world out here, kids have always ate horribly but now they’re no where near as active so they don’t burn it off but IMO I’d say it’s the parents fault based on incompetence not abuse or neglect

Comment

Yes, outside of a medical issue. Just as with pets, that child relies on you for it's nutrition, safety, etc. If you are unwilling or unfit, then don't put yourself in the position to be responsible for the life of another.

Comment

Originally posted by leathernvouges View Post
            but IMO I’d say it’s the parents fault based on incompetence not abuse or neglect
            Even if it is more incompetence than anything else isnt it still child abuse/neglect with the long lasting consequenses of being obese have on your overall health & well being.

I mean if you were under feeding your child to the point they were unhealthily small that WOULD be considered abuse/neglect.

Why shouldnt over feeding them be the same? Just cuz the negative effects dont show up as quickly as under feeding a child should it be okay?

Comment

Both. You are in direct control of whatever your child eats, and if you turn him into an obese ****er, you're scarring him for life not only socially but in regards to his health as well. You're making sure that this mother****er is going to be miserable his entire life.

It ****ing enfuriates me when a child is morbidly obese and these ****ers keep feeding them

Like what the **** is wrong with you.

Comment

Working...
              X