No announcement yet.

Remember when Roman Gonzalez was to ten P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
    Yep he was. And we can say that the two losses came at the end of his career.

He went twelve years undefeated which is no easy task for a fighter his size.

Roman was a little bit past it when Sor beat him.
    Beat some really good competition too.

And yeah the the age, the size, the wear and tear all caught up with him. He arguably won the first fight but got emphatically KO’d in the rematch.

I’d love to see him have one more run but I doubt it tbh.

I always wanted to see him fight Nietes when they were both champs at 108. I’d still like to see that fight in 2020. Winner gets Estrada.

Comment

Funny I was just watching the Sor Rungvisai Chocolatito 1 fight today. Kind of unrelated to the topic but whoever that DJ was playing the music during the rest periods at MSG they need to hire him on the regular. First round ends, they hug, then Camp Lo - Luchini plays. Round 2 it's Souls of Mischief 93' 'Til Infinity. And there were a few other good jams I forget

Comment

Even before his loss, I never rated him higher than top 20 p4p. Very good fighter, but not special imo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gypsy Queen View Post
          Even before his loss, I never rated him higher than top 20 p4p. Very good fighter, but not special imo.
          Sounds like you dont understand what you are seeing. You never rated him him higher than top 20? Lmfao and what, is he just good?

You either dont watch the lower weight divisions or just dont know sht about boxing.

Comment

He’s disappeared because he’s not fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Murcielago View Post
              WTH does this mean, "#2WbA 3 or 4 "
              WBC has him ranked #2

WBA has him ranked #3 or 4 (or something like that - not sure exactly without looking it up)

Comment

He folded after the first SSR loss. Was a close fight, and taking that L ruined him.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
                  Funny I was just watching the Sor Rungvisai Chocolatito 1 fight today. Kind of unrelated to the topic but whoever that DJ was playing the music during the rest periods at MSG they need to hire him on the regular. First round ends, they hug, then Camp Lo - Luchini plays. Round 2 it's Souls of Mischief 93' 'Til Infinity. And there were a few other good jams I forget
                  the DJ at the barclays isnt bad either....you see alot of that now at boxing events

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                    He’s disappeared because he’s not fighting.
                    He fought this weekend. Just proves OP's point that he isn't cared about anymore.

Hell, I didn't know he fought until the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      He folded after the first SSR loss. Was a close fight, and taking that L ruined him.
                      Sort of like DLH did after the loss to Trinidad and Trinidad after BHOP or Even more of an example Mosley losing twice to Forrest.

Comment

Working...
                      X