Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury vs Wilder is not a 50/50 fight. Here's why.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
    - Fury dominated the first fight barring the two knockdowns.

- Rematches usually favor the pure boxer rather than the puncher since he can more easily make adjustments.

- Fury was coming off 3 years doing coke and having to lose over 100lbs and he still got up from the knockdowns. It is going to be way harder to knock him down this time.

- Fury is actually 3 years younger than Wilder. A lot of people don't realise Wilder is 34 years old. Age starts to play a factor when a fighter gets to his mid 30's.

- If Fury can't beat Wilder who can? Does Wilder really look like a fighter to stay undefeated?

Fury is over the odds IMO. I'd say he has about a 75% chance of winning this fight with a 25% chance of getting knocked out. The odds being even are ridiculous IMO. Thoughts?
    Some good points. Unfortunately the illusion is the puncher has an easier time of it... In fact a lot of things have to go right for the puncher to succeed.

Frankly I have a few observations about why this is close regarding the odds:

1) The judges, Moreitti especially is bought and paid for. I am thinking the judges will handicap for the sake of Wilder

2) There may have been a few problems in the Fury camp.

Otherwise there is no way this would even be close, Fury would be the favorite by a mile.

Comment

I think its pretty much 51/49 in favour of Fury. He is not a big puncher so the likelihood of him finishing Wilder early is pretty low. Hes probably going to have to last a long time in there, possibly the full 12. If it goes longer than 7-8 rounds odds are Wilder will have landed something big again, and Fury will need to pick himself up off the canvas again. I think he can, because in both the first fight and also the Cunningham fight he has demonstrated exceptional recovery and composure after getting dropped hard.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Some good points. Unfortunately the illusion is the puncher has an easier time of it... In fact a lot of things have to go right for the puncher to succeed.

Frankly I have a few observations about why this is close regarding the odds:

1) The judges, Moreitti especially is bought and paid for. I am thinking the judges will handicap for the sake of Wilder

2) There may have been a few problems in the Fury camp.

Otherwise there is no way this would even be close, Fury would be the favorite by a mile.
        That’s why I’m hesitant to bet big on Fury. I don’t think Haymon would’ve let this rematch take place without some safety nets in place especially now that Fury is with Arum.

Comment

This is not even close to being true.

Poking your tongue out a few times doesn't mean you're winning rounds.

Wilder won 3 of the first 4 rounds. Fury knicked a few rounds too but he never dominated in any part of the fight apart from maybe the second half of the 12th round when Wilder gased.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            The only interesting thing about this fight is to see how long Fury can avoid getting hit with a big shot. Both Fury and Wilder looked bad in their last fights. Fury almost got stopped and Wilder lost every round to a 50 year old Cuban.
            uhhh, you clearly don't know anything about Wilder

Nearly anyone who fights Wilder wins everyone round until the Knockout, that **** doesn't mean ANYTHING against Wilder who patiently waits for the perfect shot. Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
              Anyone notice the huge strength difference at the final press conference? Wilder pushing Fury was like watching someone trying to push a car. Fury shoved him right across the stage with a flick of his wrist. After that Wilder remained seated, repeating “sit down! Sit down!” Ha. He was shook.
              Keep telling yourself that Wilder is totally shook bahaha

Fury changing trainers and blabbering a whole bunch of nonsense shows who's insecure here. He couldn't do better than what he did the first time. Wilder KO's Fury by round 8

Comment

Punchers are more dangerous to Wilder more so hook punchers ,I don’t believe Wilder has any wins over one.

Furys biggest advantage is his size because he’s the better skilled and it really hurts Wilders chances because that’s hows he’s got this far that’s his length ,but the first fight showed the difficulties Wilder will have on Saturday .

Furys being undersold on power however ,he has knocked out everyone in his own rematches and he stunned Wilder more then once even when knocked down, this is really the telling sign Wilder is in trouble to a more prepared Fury so smart money would be under dog Fury no doubt .

I’d say Wilder has more then a 25% chance I’d bump it 30 % only because he can punch and Fury can get careless showboating which is the only concern I have .

I don’t think Fury is even the best candidate to defeat Wilder I’d say AJ, Usyk and Hrgovic .

Comment

That’s why I’m hesitant to bet big on Fury. I don’t think Haymon would’ve let this rematch take place without some safety nets in place especially now that Fury is with Arum.
                  Yeah... Very very true. Its an unfortunate reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ Wilder View Post
                    Keep telling yourself that Wilder is totally shook bahaha

Fury changing trainers and blabbering a whole bunch of nonsense shows who's insecure here. He couldn't do better than what he did the first time. Wilder KO's Fury by round 8
                    Only come out for the big ones, eh? Yeah, casuals will do that.

I’ve already laid out over the course of a month why Fury is going to win. Money in the bank.

Comment

- Rematches usually favor the pure boxer rather than the puncher since he can more easily make adjustments.

- Fury was coming off 3 years doing coke and having to lose over 100lbs and he still got up from the knockdowns. It is going to be way harder to knock him down this time.

- Fury is actually 3 years younger than Wilder. A lot of people don't realise Wilder is 34 years old. Age starts to play a factor when a fighter gets to his mid 30's.

- If Fury can't beat Wilder who can? Does Wilder really look like a fighter to stay undefeated?

Fury is over the odds IMO. I'd say he has about a 75% chance of winning this fight with a 25% chance of getting knocked out. The odds being even are ridiculous IMO. Thoughts?
                      - -U fuzzy or furry?

Comment

Working...
                      X