Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Don't Think You'll See Canelo Alvarez At 160 Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

160 is too hard to make when you on clebuterol:

Comment

If Canelo continues to fight at 175 his career could end with one punch. His best bet is to partner up with Ms Jenny Craig and stay at 160lbs

Comment

Canelo said himself losing the weight would be possible, but very difficult. And he also spoke on not wanting his weight to fluctuate up & down. I think he's finished at 160.

Unless Charlo, GGG, Andrade unify between them soon, there's not a chance he can lose all that weight and still be as effective.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          Me either but I dont get why Charlo would turn his back on such a huge payday against Canelo. The fact that team Canelo tried as hard as they could to fight Charlo, offering a ton of money, tells me there is no way someone can say Canelo didnt try to get a top fighter in Charlo ......but Charlo walked. And that is on Charlo. That tells me Charlo did not want to lose that zero.
          While the fight made good financial sense for Charlo, it was a loser from Al Haymon's perspective. First, it would have to be on DAZN and not one of the networks with ties to Haymon. Secondly, Charlo would most likely get knocked out or a minimum lose badly and that would lessen Charlo's market value for future fights on Haymon's networks and for sure any future that Charlo would have on PPV would be thrown out the window. In summary, the proposed fight with Canelo would have been financially good for Charlo but bad for Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
            word on the street alvarez cannot make 168 look for alvarez to drag fighters at 160 drag them up to 175 then impose a rehydration limit
            "Word" on what street? Usually, the so-called "word on the street" is the utterings of morons or is just plain gossip. Show the evidence of who said what and when.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
              did you even read the article ?
              hearn is speaking as a fan, and so are you i guess...
              anyways hearn(the fan) thinks canelo wont go straight from 175 back to 160, one fight at 168 before going back to 160...
              Good points. It is in Hearns's best interest to promote the 168 narrative. He has two 168 fighters, Smith and Saunders, that are in the hunt for a May 2 fight with Canelo.

Comment

Man I don't give a FUK!!! lol just give me CanCharlo 5-2-2020.

I'm not like those P@ssy lil G fans that get all scurred when my favorite boxers has to fight the best out there. Losing to Floyd almost EVERY round is what made Canelo one of the BESTS to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                  Canelo said himself losing the weight would be possible, but very difficult. And he also spoke on not wanting his weight to fluctuate up & down. I think he's finished at 160.

Unless Charlo, GGG, Andrade unify between them soon, there's not a chance he can lose all that weight and still be as effective.
                  Maybe because he's now 29 and not 25?? or under???

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    My take from that video, which is similar to the Danny Garcia vs. Terence Crawford thing, is that these promoters don't really want to deal with Al Haymon! When they do call Al Haymon, things get done! They all claim not know who to talk to, then Wilder vs. Fury gets done! Joshua vs. Ruiz gets done! Arum said he spoke to Al and Spence vs. Crawford was in the works for 2020, before the accident happened! 6 months ago, he didn't know if Al Haymon existed! It is what it is!
                    To be fair GB usually gets fights done even if they wayy over pay or look stupid when they set MULTIPLE deadlines and keep extending out...

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
                      While the fight made good financial sense for Charlo, it was a loser from Al Haymon's perspective. First, it would have to be on DAZN and not one of the networks with ties to Haymon. Secondly, Charlo would most likely get knocked out or a minimum lose badly and that would lessen Charlo's market value for future fights on Haymon's networks and for sure any future that Charlo would have on PPV would be thrown out the window. In summary, the proposed fight with Canelo would have been financially good for Charlo but bad for Haymon.
                      Of course it would be on DAZN, Canelo is the bigger star, not Charlo. And what you are saying is team Charlo/Haymon dont have the confidence of anything but getting knocked out or lose badly, which is one cowardly excuse for not wanting to pit your skills against the best in the world. Not a good look. Charlo and his team are not doing themselves any favors by turning down the biggest fight of his career and his biggest payday ever, not to mention other fights that fell through and to top that off, he has nothing else going on right now. And on top of that, If Charlo were to win, he would command bigger paydays on top of the one Canelo would bring him, especially if there was a rematch! Team Charlo don't want that smoke.
                      Last edited by richardt; 02-07-2020, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X