Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally! A real reporter corners Hearn and asks him the tough questions!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
    So are they not going to test the B sample? They chose hearing instead of B sample?
    I think eventually they'll have to choose to test it.

Comment

Originally posted by BALLS DEEP View Post
      Boxingscene is in the firing line of a lawsuit. That’s why they’re keeping quiet about Dillian Whites response.
      The was his response

They're keeping quiet about this?

Comment

One thing Hearn said is that Whyte didn't fail a test for 2 different drugs. So Hearn is bull****ting acting like he doesn't know what's going on. He knows a lot more than he's letting on. He'll tell what he knows if it makes him and Whyte look good. But he's holding back a lot of info that's not good for them

Comment

Originally posted by BALLS DEEP View Post
          Boxingscene is in the firing line of a lawsuit. That’s why they’re keeping quiet about Dillian Whites response.
          How does that even make sense? If they're worried about Whyte using, they would make sure to INCLUDE his response.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
            I wish I could interview hearn

I am pretty confident I would expose him

all these journalists, including the one in the OP have no clue about boxing
            That was what came across to me more than anything... interviewer dude quite literally showed no understanding of the politics, procedures and organisations involved in this case and how they interoperate... and whilst I ain't a fan of Slick Eddie's in the slightest he was actually making a fairly good job of trying to explain it - especially given that the interviewer wasn't actually listening to him at all and just waiting for a pause or some kinda tangential cue to fire off another accusatory question.

And whilst I've no doubt slick Eddie is a dodgy ****er (like every other promoter in the game), I think you'd have to be pretty good to get one over him... I actually saw the opposite to the TS - I spent longer that I really shoulda today reading round official policy documents from the BBBoC, UKAD (and VADA for that matter) and whatever else you think of the fucker, Hearn appears to know his stuff and furthermore was able to explain it quite concisely and coherently under pressure - when he could get a word in edgeways.

Comment

Very nice for Hearn to go back and forth with these people's journalist. Arum might have just said **** off.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                One thing Hearn said is that Whyte didn't fail a test for 2 different drugs. So Hearn is bull****ting acting like he doesn't know what's going on. He knows a lot more than he's letting on. He'll tell what he knows if it makes him and Whyte look good. But he's holding back a lot of info that's not good for them
                That's pretty much public domain already, and I think just a misunderstanding on the part of the interviewer. It's already been revealed that Whyte was found to have 2 metabolytes of the same drug, Metandienone... The way the interviewer stated it suggested he thought Whyte had taken two seperate PEDs, Hearn correcting that it was just one drug... least, that's the way I understood it. Frankly whilst the interviewer did do a pretty good job of putting Hearn under pressure he was badly let down by his own very obvious lack of understanding of the details of the situation and the roles of the organisations involved.

And whilst absolutely Rivas should have been informed to my mind, it's also clear that the party to inform him should have been either UKAD or the BBBoC as the one's who made the adverse finding or the who made the decision to allow the fight to go ahead. I can't think of any valid legal or logical argument why that would be Hearns responsibility... and whilst I'd make a strong case that any decent human being concerned with the welfare of others might see a moral duty there, the sport of boxing would probably collapse if we lived in a world where promoters put ethics before profit.
                Last edited by Citizen Koba; 07-26-2019, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  I wish I could interview hearn

I am pretty confident I would expose him

all these journalists, including the one in the OP have no clue about boxing
                  Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  That was what came across to me more than anything... interviewer dude quite literally showed no understanding of the politics, procedures and organisations involved in this case and how they interoperate... and whilst I ain't a fan of Slick Eddie's in the slightest he was actually making a fairly good job of trying to explain it - especially given that the interviewer wasn't actually listening to him at all and just waiting for a pause or some kinda tangential cue to fire off another accusatory question.

And whilst I've no doubt slick Eddie is a dodgy ****er (like every other promoter in the game), I think you'd have to be pretty good to get one over him... I actually saw the opposite to the TS - I spent longer that I really shoulda today reading round official policy documents from the BBBoC, UKAD (and VADA for that matter) and whatever else you think of the fucker, Hearn appears to know his stuff and furthermore was able to explain it quite concisely and coherently under pressure - when he could get a word in edgeways.
                  But he was able to get more out of Eddie in 6 minutes than anyone else has the whole weekend

As far as him not knowing the process he admits that but knowing that part wasn't important to him. If you allow Hearn to sit back and fillibuster about the process, like IFL did, you're wasting your interview. So whenever Eddie would talk about the process he'd say yes ok then get to the question "Did you inform the WBC?" " Why didn't you inform the WBC?" "when did you first find out?" We got more info out of this interview than any other interview.

Why didn't yall say you could've did better than that guy from IFL where we learned nothing and heard Hearn spin?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    I believe Hearn is correct here as those are 2 metabolites from the same [single] drug, Dianabol.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
                      I believe Hearn is correct here as those are 2 metabolites from the same [single] drug, Dianabol.
                      I believe he's correct. I was just trying to make the point that Eddie can say a lot more than he's letting on. If he hears something blatantly false he'll correct it. But when confronted with something he knows be true he'll say he can't speak on it. So from there we can surmise what is true and what is false.

Comment

Working...
                      X